Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Are we really going to have to wait till November 8th to get this phone. ANY chance Best Buy will ship these early?

Posted via Android Central App

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Are we really going to have to wait till November 8th to get this phone. ANY chance Best Buy will ship these early?

I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice if they did!

on another note, I'm a much happier camper now, after seeing this deal rather than getting the shaft from Sprint.

jdeck6910

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered my white G2 from Bestbuy! Did anyone get info regarding the $50 ecard, or are we supposed to wait to get something in our email?

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy next to Garden State Plaza in Paramus has a Sprint G2 on display! Seemed to be snappier than the other models on display. I guess Sprint = LESS bloatware.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone who preorded the g2 from best buy also sign up for they're 50 freedom gift card earlier this year. Was wondering if we are still entitled to that 50$ gift card also. That would basically make the phone free.

mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I signed up for that. Best buy will email a gift card some time after purchase. If you use it in store they take it off the total right then.
best buy will only let you use one offer

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered it and as soon as I pressed the order button, this question popped into my head. How do we know it isn't for the 16 GB one, just as Elton mentioned?

I'm a little worried as there is no mention of memory in the description. I did notice it says their is a SD slot. So not sure what to think. Maybe the description is just a cut and paste from the LG website?

Also, thank you soulgrnd for your post, I was about to pay $100 more for it through Sprint, when it occurred to me to check the forum!

Sprint is not carrying the 16gb. Best buy partnered with LG for the G2. I (being a Sprint Rep) was invited to a release party for the G2 that had open bar, awesome food and an awesome Dj. Best buy sponsored the event and every one received a $100 off coupon for the phone at best buy. Looks like they are offering that to every one for a short period of time

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Why does it say dual band? Kind of odd..

The 3rd band is the old Nextel 800mhtz band. Sprint is currently in the process of converting all that hardware in the towers to LTE. So the tri-band capability won't be able to be utilized until early to mid 2014

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is not carrying the 16gb. Best buy partnered with LG for the G2. I (being a Sprint Rep) was invited to a release party for the G2 that had open bar, awesome food and an awesome Dj. Best buy sponsored the event and every one received a $100 off coupon for the phone at best buy. Looks like they are offering that to every one for a short period of time

And no SD card by the way

Lee Gedansky

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

I'm a little concerned. Sprint reps indicate the phone releases Friday and they are going to "try their best to deliver pre-orders on or before November 8th". Best Buy reps say they still have NO idea when they will be getting the Sprint LG G2 or when it will ship. One rep said, "But, if it makes you feel any better, I can't wait for it either."

It really doesn't.

In the mean time, I can't cancel at BB because, since the release of the Nexus 5, Sprint has increased the price of the pre-order to $199, assumedly because they released the Nexus 5 at $149. So, I have to wait for whenever it trickles in.

Last edited:

Kuhll

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Will the Sprint variant no longer be $99.99 as the others are now $199.99? It shows it as $99.99 but it says coming soon.

Lee Gedansky

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I hit the Sprint online store and my view of it says $199 for the LG G2 with the Nexus 5 being $149. The reps all concur with what the press release says... November 8th (though there is some question as to whether or not that is the ship date or delivery date for pre-orders made through Sprint). Best Buy, however, has NO info to share and doesn't know when they are getting it. The only speculation is, sometime shortly after Sprint gets it. At this point, knowing it will cost me an extra hundred just for the hope of getting it sooner, I will wait.

Kuhll

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just hoping the price doesn't change. The other variants have gone up to $199.99 on the bestbuy site I hope that doesn't happen to the Sprint variant as we can't even purchase or pre-order it anymore.