Can not use Data & Voice at same time on Sprint LG G2. Deal braker?

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had the G2 for Sprint since 10/11 and realized something today while on a conference call. As with the iPhone for Sprint, you are unable to access 4G/3G data while on a voice call. (You're ok on WiFi).

I'm on approximately 5 hours of conference: calls per week, and I need to be able to access email, log into training portals for work, etc...For those of you that are heavy GPS users, this means every time you take a phone call, you have to essentially restart your trip.

I spoke to our LG Sales Rep and he said this was the 1st he's heard of it, but I called 2 other colleagues that were also given the phone from LG and sure enough, it doesn't work. I know for a fact, this is possible on every other android phone, including the Optimus G. I am holding out hope that this can be solved with a firmware update, but I'm afraid it's the same as the iPhones; it's the way the processor works. :/

This SUCKS :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It has been known for quite some time ever since Qualcomm has come out with the S4 Pro series of SOCs. They changed something in them where they aren't like the other SOCs as in the GS3 and the EVO 4G LTE. Don't blame Sprint or Verizon or anyone else, it squarely rest on Qualcomm, and don't go saying I can do it on AT&T and TMobile, because they GSM works differently than CDMA does.

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It has been known for quite some time ever since Qualcomm has come out with the S4 Pro series of SOCs. They changed something in them where they aren't like the other SOCs as in the GS3 and the EVO 4G LTE. Don't blame Sprint or Verizon or anyone else, it squarely rest on Qualcomm, and don't go saying I can do it on AT&T and TMobile, because they GSM works differently than CDMA does.

Worked fine on the Snapdragon 600 in my ONE, as well as the S4. Was I misinformed about it working on Verizon? I'm aware it's a chip issue and how it responds to CDMA in the iPhone's, but I'm shocked LG let this happen.

Posted via Android Central App

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Worked fine on the Snapdragon 600 in my ONE, as well as the S4. Was I misinformed about it working on Verizon? I'm aware it's a chip issue and how it responds to CDMA in the iPhone's, but I'm shocked LG let this happen.

SvDo = Simultaneous voice and data. Aka 3G data while on a voice call.
SvLTE = Simultaneous LTE data with voice.

Both of these were scrapped in favor of Triband LTE. I'd say it's a fair trade off but the only time you'll be able to use voice and data at the same time is when you're on WiFi.

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the galaxy S3? Because mine has no problen taking a call and surfing the web on the att network.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the galaxy S3? Because mine has no problen taking a call and surfing the web on the att network.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

No, the LG G2.
The G2 is the first Android, tri-band capable phone Sprint has carried, so kids like it's something we need to get used to moving forward.