Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default FYI, no LG G2 triband until 2014

Per Sprint's Spark announcement yesterday, the G2 won't be enabled for triband operation until 2014. They didn't say when in 2014, so it could be 2 months or 13 months after launch.

Edit: It's been pointed out that Sprint says "early 2014". Thanks, VW Maverick.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Coop1979; 10-31-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: FYI, no LG G2 triband until 2014

From Sprint's Press Release:

"Samsung Galaxy Mega and Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini launch on Friday, Nov. 8, and are expected to become tri-band enabled with a software update shortly after launch. LG G2 will also be available on Nov. 8 and is expected to become tri-band enabled with a software update in early 2014. HTC One max is coming soon."

Until the other 2 bands are up and running, there is no need to have whichever phone you may have enabled to receive them.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Except in 5 markets, which one of them is Miami FL and I'm here, woot woot.
    Btw, it's awesome to hear they are aiming for average speed of 50-60Mbps down. that's incredible! :-D

Sent from my SPH-L710

Correct.
    Tri-Band is up and running in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tampa and Miami.
    Post up some speed tests when you can.

Here is Sprint's Press Release: First Sprint Tri-band Capable Smartphones Arrive on Nov. 8 | Sprint Newsroom

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

So once an area has LTE what does it take to have Spark? Is the hardware already there and just turn it on? Will Tri-Band be more important , perhaps exclusively so, in metro areas and really of no benefit to those of us in rural areas? Will one of those bands enable the signal to travel longer distances? Lotsa Qs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Until the other 2 bands are up and running, there is no need to have whichever phone you may have enabled to receive them.

Mav.
    No consolation to the currently active markets.

G2 + Chicago + Sprint Announcement = Big Dissapointment.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm near Chicago and read we have Spark and then hear the phone update is not for a few months!!! WTH Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by mylgt1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm near Chicago and read we have Spark and then hear the phone update is not for a few months!!! WTH Sprint
    I was thinking the same thing! Why isn't it already active?? I'm out in the NW suburbs. I've had WiMax since it first started and then LTE pretty quickly too, so I'm hoping that Spark is already available here too. I suppose one way to check would be to talk to the guys at Best Buy when the galaxy mega comes out.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt85 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! Why isn't it already active?? I'm out in the NW suburbs. I've had WiMax since it first started and then LTE pretty quickly too, so I'm hoping that Spark is already available here too. I suppose one way to check would be to talk to the guys at Best Buy when the galaxy mega comes out.
    I'm in the NW burbs too, near woodfield and hope Spark will be here and not just in the city!

Posted via Android Central App