Hissing, crackling during calls?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is dealing with occaisional popping, hiss, or crackling during calls on speaker or through earpiece? I was on Verizon g2 forum and seems to be a lot of users dealing with it. I thought I was crazy, but I haven't read of any sprint users, please leave input whether or not. Thank you.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That really sounds like a network issue. Perhaps how the phone is attaching to the network. Maybe, just maybe a software fix from Verizon could resolve it.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You misunderstood, in this forum for the Verizon g2 there is a thread with over 50 people having this issue with their phones. They have returned numerous phones, went through all the steps with Verizon and still having issue. I have the sprint version and am expieriencing same thing. I was wondering if any sprint g2 users have this issue. Was wondering if it could be a CDMA thing, nothing like this with art and tmo variants.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Darryjr,

Sorry you're having this issue. We do understand your concern and haalcyon did have the right idea in where the problem could lie. It could either be the speaker or a service issue. Regardless if anyone else has reported the issue, it is recommended to contact your carrier for troubleshooting as if it is either of the stated, they would be able to advise.

We do have the device here on sight for each carrier and are not having the same issue.

Hope this helps.
^CL

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello Darryjr,

Sorry you're having this issue. We do understand your concern and haalcyon did have the right idea in where the problem could lie. It could either be the speaker or a service issue. Regardless if anyone else has reported the issue, it is recommended to contact your carrier for troubleshooting as if it is either of the stated, they would be able to advise.

We do have the device here on sight for each carrier and are not having the same issue.

Hope this helps.
^CL
I have done numerous hard resets, all have same result. The phone will make a perfect call, I had 2 half hour cleat conversations , but as soon as the sprint installer starts to load and update, bam, problem is back. Every time I reset it happens. Because phone can't download when I am on a call, if I make a call right after phone comes back on, its clear, like a different phone. Once that installer is done, I make a call, and static. I wish I could stop it from starting but I can't. As far as you saying its not happening on any other devices, go on this forum for Verizon version and there are over 50 complaints. Sprint CSR are useless, I went to corporate store no less, my 4 year old has more knowledge than they do. Lg told me to send phone to them, unfortunately I can't be without a phone for two weeks or so, this is a business line and I sold my HTC one for this $500 paperweight. It has nothing to do with a speaker, it only happens during calls, not video or audio playback. Speakerphone or earpiece, same issue.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you gone into your sprint store? They can replace the phone for you on the spot - it's under warranty. If it's the network, hopefully they can debug that.

Elton

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I did not get phone from sprint, so I don't know if they will give me another
I have done numerous hard resets, all have same result. The phone will make a perfect call, I had 2 half hour cleat conversations , but as soon as the sprint installer starts to load and update, bam, problem is back. Every time I reset it happens. Because phone can't download when I am on a call, if I make a call right after phone comes back on, its clear, like a different phone. Once that installer is done, I make a call, and static. I wish I could stop it from starting but I can't. As far as you saying its not happening on any other devices, go on this forum for Verizon version and there are over 50 complaints. Sprint CSR are useless, I went to corporate store no less, my 4 year old has more knowledge than they do. Lg told me to send phone to them, unfortunately I can't be without a phone for two weeks or so, this is a business line and I sold my HTC one for this $500 paperweight. It has nothing to do with a speaker, it only happens during calls, not video or audio playback. Speakerphone or earpiece, same issue.

Have you gone into your sprint store? They can replace the phone for you on the spot - it's under warranty. If it's the network, hopefully they can debug that.

Elton

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The thing is,it sounds more like a network problem than a phone problem. I only hear static when the person at the other end is speaking. But it is from everyone I talk to, whether they are on cell phones or on land lines. And other phones on our family plan don't have this issue.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The thing is,it sounds more like a network problem than a phone problem. I only hear static when the person at the other end is speaking. But it is from everyone I talk to, whether they are on cell phones or on land lines. And other phones on our family plan don't have this issue.
Exactly, what I also noticed is if I am roaming my calls are clear as day. Sprint said network issues, I have 2 g2s and only one has this issue. So for now, its tin cans and string.

akc9132

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Getting a lot of crackling on my end during calls. Will try to exchange for a new one and hope it helps. I am coming from ATT, I hope it's not an indication of Sprint's network.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Getting a lot of crackling on my end during calls. Will try to exchange for a new one and hope it helps. I am coming from ATT, I hope it's not an indication of Sprint's network.
The same issue happened when the note 3 was released. I believe the nexus 5 is also having same issue. I think all 3 phones have the same processor, which possibly means something. They put out an update and note 3 problem was solved, so I would think its software related. I have posted on sprint site to let them know, I saw a few others as well with same complaints. If you go up further in this thread you see response from lg, saying their test phone isn't having this issue. Some people are fine, some replace phone and have same issue. I am hoping its resolved soon.

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing my hat in the ring... I'm got crackling/popping sounds while speaking to my wife on her GN2. Hung up and called her right back and the clarity returned.

The LG rep have any solid input?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Please help as call sound quality in addition to call reception is very important to me. I use my phone to make a lot of calls.

I just activated my Sprint G2 last night, made one phone call and I heard the horrible crackling, hissing sound. It just sounded so bad, I couldn't even pay attention to the call as I was distracted by the bad call quality.

Is it even worth exchanging my phone through Best Buy for another one as I read on this thread that others exchanged their phone and it made no difference. Is this just a defective phone or is this the way it is with the Lg G2?

Please help