LTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
From S4Gru:

In markets where the NV vendor is different from the legacy equipment vendor, the circuit switch fallback systems may be incompatible with each other. Single radio devices (essentially non-svLTE) need eCSFB to fallback to 3G to accept a call. Going forward, eCSFB deployment status will factor into analysis on market launches, new markets will only be launched if the gap risk is low. They will also complete the builds quickly in impacted markets to mitigate impact as much as possible. I can upload the legal-approved talking points later as well.

LG G2 Users Thread! - Page 54 - LG - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates - Page 54

They have also opened a specific thread for owners to report their issues / experience for both the LG G2 and the Nexus 5

LG G2/Nexus 5 LTE issues thread - LG - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Last edited:

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Was just heading over here to post this. I've been wanting to switch to Sprint when my contract ends 12/18. Wanted to get the G2 but this seems like a serious issue with no planned solution. Not sure what I will do. There are more details in the thread the OP posted but it is a lot of technical jargon I don't get honestly.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This looks to be a regional problem, which is a damn shame.
I am in the Metro Atlanta area and have had zero problems with connecting to and keeping an LTE signal.
I hope it gets fixed soon because the G2 is a fantastic phone which may become the poster child for this network problem.
I got this earlier today standing in my driveway (Statham, GA):
gesy3uqa.jpg

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
A Sprint document has been posted on the threads I posted previously showing that they have known of this for some time and the only fix in those particular markets where it's an issue is to complete specific 3G upgrades to those towers which have already been livened up with LTE.

While it works fine in my home area north of Boston, I wonder what I will encounter elsewhere when traveling for work?

mjnoles1

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
A Sprint document has been posted on the threads I posted previously showing that they have known of this for some time and the only fix in those particular markets where it's an issue is to complete specific 3G upgrades to those towers which have already been livened up with LTE.

While it works fine in my home area north of Boston, I wonder what I will encounter elsewhere when traveling for work?

That is very technical on that forum. Can you break it down for a newbie of what exactly is going on with this issue? What is causing it? Is there a cure? Is this a software update that we initially thought?This doesn't affect signal strength for voice calls, does it?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, to wrap this up and put a bow on it:

- Issue is based on hardware installed in some towers
- Nothing can be done on phone to resolve where this is the cause
- Have to wait for Sprint to upgrade towers, AGAIN, in affected areas

Does that about sum this up?

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I won't be waiting again. I'll go and return thus for a nexus 5 unless that us having the same issue.

Posted via Android Central App

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Took a trip and noticed I was stuck on 3G and erratic serivice with my lg g2 in Tulsa this POS is going back, I can't believe they neutered the g2. Places were I was able to pick up 4g with my note2 around home I'm now getting 3G. The camera is slow /laggy in low light shots practically unusable.. Now you can't do voice and data while in a conversation is just a deal breaker, what a downgrade..

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This is so depressing! I love this phone but I get to work today and only have 3g when my old one had 4g. I'm in chicagoland area and thought we were set up for spark here, so you would think the towers were setup for tri-band! If I knew this will be a quick fix I would hold out but I really think this will take some time to resolve:'(

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is so depressing! I love this phone but I get to work today and only have 3g when my old one had 4g. I'm in chicagoland area and thought we were set up for spark here, so you would think the towers were setup for tri-band! If I knew this will be a quick fix I would hold out but I really think this will take some time to resolve:'(

We'll need an answer from sprint before we know if anything will be quick about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol