Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LG_Fan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random reboot becoming a pain?

Knock knock it's off. Then the phone rings or I get a text message just as screen comes on before I can respond random reboot.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Random reboot becoming a pain?

I received my phone on Friday and have yet to experience a reboot. I am on the Sprint version.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just got a replacement today brand new out the box I thought I was cool. So you think lol right!! Just as I'm texting this reply so it happen again..

Odd. No reboots here. Hope the replacement is better for you.
    Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

My Sprint LG G2 is running smoothly.

wow. No random reboots at all here.

None here either, maybe there is a conflict with an app you are using.

Running since Friday, no reboot issue here.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

Maybe it's your battery? That was the main factor in my Galaxy S2 randomly rebooting..

I've not experienced this problem either.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks guys for all your help because I my new unit didn't start until I ported my back ups from Dropbox maybe there is something that I have missed..

Hello,

Sorry you are having trouble with your new G2. It sounds like either a software issue [you can have a sprint store locally flash the software] or you may need to do a factory reset after backing up your phone.

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Hello,

Sorry you are having trouble with your new G2. It sounds like either a software issue [you can have a sprint store locally flash the software] or you may need to do a factory reset after backing up your phone.

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
    Thank you for the response I have since I had my phone replaced and software backed up I'm not using Dropbox I located the problem with syncing FLAC files from my laptop and sinking the phone with music apps was the cause of the reboot issue with software on my g2 since then I haven't had no random reboots staying away from third party apps has really helped thank you again for your concern it's still the best phone I've had yet to date thank you.

I'm having the same issues with my G2. It's maybe 5 days old at this point. I get a reboot at least 5-6 times per day. I'm not syncing with any dropbox or home machine. It seems like it's constantly losing signal. I live in St Louis and have spotty LTE coverage so I've gone so far as to turn off the 4G LTE and just stick with CDMA but it's still rebooting. LG/community can you please help? I really like this phone but this sucks. I'm on the Sprint network.
    Last edited by LG_Fan; 11-15-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I had the Same problem. It's really frustrating ain't it I had to do a factory reset 3,times. so do a factory reset 3 x in a row. That's what worked for me.. Try it and let us know.

Okay...it's only been a few hours but I thought I'd post back before the weekend. After reading over what others said they tried, I followed suit. I was running the native GMAIL widget one of the lock screens. C_McGuire pointed out that by removing that widget, the rebooting issue was solved. So that's what I've done and it seems to be working. In the hours since no reboot has occurred and I've been testing it. I have 4g LTE antenna back on and still have not had the problem again. We'll see if it holds up though.

LG G2 reboots on its own
    blackwe387 likes this.

Mine just started randomly rebooting last night and today. It was happening after I would swipe to unlock. Happened like 5 times in 30 minutes. I'm not rooted. I ended up uninstalling the last few apps I installed, Kii and Touchpal X keyboards. It's happened since I uninstalled those though. Guess I'll factory reset? Not sure what else to do.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by coogrrr94 View Post
    Mine just started randomly rebooting last night and today. It was happening after I would swipe to unlock. Happened like 5 times in 30 minutes. I'm not rooted. I ended up uninstalling the last few apps I installed, Kii and Touchpal X keyboards. It's happened since I uninstalled those though. Guess I'll factory reset? Not sure what else to do.
    That's what happened to me as well and as you can see people thought I was crazy.lol this is what I did I went to factory rest 3 Times in a row and had never had problem since. Also I traced it back to sync ing files mainly flac music files from my laptop. But try that if it happens again let us know..

I factory reset once yesterday. I haven't had another reboot yet. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by coogrrr94 View Post
    I factory reset once yesterday. I haven't had another reboot yet. We'll see.
    Did you backup your phone first? I've heard the t-mobile version has this option:
    Settings>Backup & Restore>LG Backup Service

Wondering if the Sprint version does too? I don't have the phone yet, but could you check if it does?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Did you backup your phone first? I've heard the t-mobile version has this option:
    Settings>Backup & Restore>LG Backup Service

Wondering if the Sprint version does too? I don't have the phone yet, but could you check if it does?
    Yes it does but it's only for app data and contacts, thru Google only far as system data,music and other data no it don't if your rooted you can send to dropbox , titanium back up..if you reset your phone all of your settings have to be re adjusted. If you're rooted you can do a nandroid back through recovery..

Quote Originally Posted by blackwe387 View Post
    Yes it does but it's only for app data and contacts, thru Google only far as system data,music and other data no it don't if your rooted you can send to dropbox , titanium back up..if you reset your phone all of your settings have to be re adjusted. If you're rooted you can do a nandroid back through recovery..

That's sad, so not the real LG Backup Service which apparently backs everything up. :-(
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    That's sad, so not the real LG Backup Service which apparently backs everything up. :-(
    Hey bro i wad wrong it does have lg back up and it backs up everything. .sorry bro..

I have had mine for about 3 months now and I get the same, never has happened during text or call but all of the sudden I will here the restart sound it makes.
    Have you figured yours out yet?

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

It just happened to me twice last night. I received a "remanufactured" phone because my previous one's knock-knock stopped working. I know some people have reported that as a bug, but that feature was working great, no problems at all after the KK update and one day it just stopped. Anyhow, I have been using this one for a week with no issues, but last night, while plugged in, it rebooted twice and had a notification that the PRL was updated. REALLY weird. I've had random reboots on multiple phones, but never had that happen before. Twice.