mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
i was trying to recive a video from a samsung device via nfc. Turns out s-beam uses a different method than android beam. Im sure you all know that. My question is, when i turn on nfc there seems to be 2 different symbols. Does anyone know if one is compatable with sbeam? I will update later with pics.

mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
6e7agaha.jpg

avudapun.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought S beam was only between Samsung devices. If they turn S beam off, but leave NFC on it should work.

mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh. I didnt know that was a possibility. Lol. Anyways. Do you know why there are2 different nfc logos?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sansom

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
What about TAP AND PAY in Google Wallet being activated for the Sprint LG G2? Are we going to have to wait for the 4.4 update next year to get this from Google Wallet?

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What about TAP AND PAY in Google Wallet being activated for the Sprint LG G2? Are we going to have to wait for the 4.4 update next year to get this from Google Wallet?

Tap and pay is a kit kat feature. The update to 4.4 will enable it.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

sansom

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
You are using 'Tap and Pay' on the G2 DepecheModeGirl? I even contacted and spoke with Google Wallet and they 'punted' and gave me the line that the G2 isn't supported yet. Can you please post what Google Wallet version you have?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem using the Google wallet app to tap and pay through nfc so it's not a kit Kat thing.

Rockin my LG G2

You are using 'Tap and Pay' on the G2 DepecheModeGirl? I even contacted and spoke with Google Wallet and they 'punted' and gave me the line that the G2 isn't supported yet. Can you please post what Google Wallet version you have?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello depechemodegurl,

Just recently bought my G2.

I was disappointed to see at the Google Wallet site, that the G2 was not on their list of phones currently able to function with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system.

However I see you say that your G2 works with Wallet's Tap and Pay system, is that accurate?

Is your G2 a standard, USA, LG G2 on Sprint?

If so, and you're saying it works, you'll make my day. Please confirm.

TahoeRunner
01/15/2014, at 5:30am PST

Last edited:

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Same Here but actually it was 4.1.2 to be exact

Bigtank & TonyLibations,

I believe you've been able to use your Evo with Tap and Pay, because the Evo is on the list of devices capable of using Tap and Pay...see link

As you guys state, your versions of Android, even prior to 4.2 could handle Tap and Pay. There was never an issue if "Kitkat" being a requirement for Tap and Pay as I've seen some state elsewhere on the net. (maybe for the G2 and several others only)

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

Funny, LG has a few devices on the list at the above link, but the LG G2 is not on it, kinda odd don't you think?

Why would the device manufacturers and carriers design and implement a new device and not provide the latest technology at least as an "option" for the end users?

Wonder what the logic, or lack thereof, was behind that?

TahoeRunner

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Isn't there something about the carriers interfering with Google tap and pay?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Could be, by why would they do that?

If Android is able to handle Tap and Pay, as the list shows plenty of android devices that can, why would Google, or the Carriers not be in Sync with this technology, today and on a go forward basis?

Why would Google provide an operating system such as the G2's 4.2.2 to a manufacturer, or carrier, and not have it support the use of Tap and Pay, when Google has invested millions and millions in the roll-out and support of the Wallet and it's Tap and Pay system? That doesn't make any sense.

Is there a competing pay system that the carriers are implementing and trying to cut Google out of the picture?

Is it a security issue and so the carriers don't want the liability?

Are there new Android based devices being delivered "today" that are able to use Tap and Pay?

Is it that Sprint and/or LG just has their head-up-their-. . . ?

When you call Sprint and ask if the G2 works with Tap and Pay, they'll tell you "yes, all android devices can handle Tap and Pay". I tried that just the other day, so even the sprint employees don't know what's going on.

All great questions nobody seems to definitively answer. And that in itself is kinda strange, isn't it?

TahoeRunner

Last edited:

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello depechemodegurl,

Just recently bought my G2.

I was disappointed to see at the Google Wallet site, that the G2 was not on their list of phones currently able to function with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system.

However I see you say that your G2 works with Wallet's Tap and Pay system, is that accurate?

Is your G2 a standard, USA, LG G2 on Sprint?

If so, and you're saying it works, you'll make my day. Please confirm.

TahoeRunner
01/15/2014, at 5:30am PST

When I first got my G2 I was able to tap and pay. I received an update to my Google wallet shortly after that took the ability away. Not sure why because it worked the same way it did on my S3. Kind of bummed about it.

Rockin my LG G2

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my G2 I was able to tap and pay. I received an update to my Google wallet shortly after that took the ability away. Not sure why because it worked the same way it did on my S3. Kind of bummed about it.

Rockin my LG G2

Sorry to hear that depechemodegurl,

That sucks.....again, no answers are ever provided to the list of question I noted above.

Wish I would have known before I bought my LG G2 that Tap and Pay with Sprint does't work.

Since Sprint, LG, or Google chooses not to answer why the G2 with 4.2.2 was designed and sold to "not" work with Tap and Pay, wish there was a definitive source to go to for answers?

TahoeRunner

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Could be, by why would they do that?

If Android is able to handle Tap and Pay, as the list shows plenty of android devices that can, why would Google, or the Carriers not be in Sync with this technology, today and on a go forward basis?

Why would Google provide an operating system such as the G2's 4.2.2 to a manufacturer, or carrier, and not have it support the use of Tap and Pay, when Google has invested millions and millions in the roll-out and support of the Wallet and it's Tap and Pay system? That doesn't make any sense.

Is there a competing pay system that the carriers are implementing and trying to cut Google out of the picture?

Is it a security issue and so the carriers don't want the liability?

Are there new Android based devices being delivered "today" that are able to use Tap and Pay?

Is it that Sprint and/or LG just has their head-up-their-. . . ?

When you call Sprint and ask if the G2 works with Tap and Pay, they'll tell you "yes, all android devices can handle Tap and Pay". I tried that just the other day, so even the sprint employees don't know what's going on.

All great questions nobody seems to definitively answer. And that in itself is kinda strange, isn't it?

TahoeRunner

I'm not sure what is up with Sprint but I think (could be wrong) that AT&T and/or Verizon support Isis which I believe is their competing system. I don't know if it's for security but I'm sure it's because they can make more money off it.

As far as I know the only phone which truly can implement Google tap and pay is the Nexus 5 because the carriers cannot pollute it with their bloat and changes to the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user