1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sms pop up question

HEy all! i'm sorry if this has been asked but I just switched to Android from ios (finally lol) and I got the g2 on sprint and love it, but when i get texts i only get the led light and i'd like it to light up the screen. I checked in the message setting and checked the "pop up" box but it still wont. any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Sms pop up question

The default messaging app will not light up the screen for a text. It's my observation that most Android phones do not. There are however other messaging apps that may add that functionality. GoSMS maybe?

As for the "pop up" check box, that only applies if the screen is on. It will pop up over whatever your screen is doing(even full screen games I've noticed)

Sent from LG G2
    Thanked by:

I like the screen to light up when I get a message too and I also really like the stock messaging app so I didn't want to use a third party, so to fix the issue I got an app called 'sms wakeup' it works like a charm

Posted with LG G2 via Android Central App
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

I would try DynamicNotifications app. Mind you it will use some battery cause it's turning your phone screen on. But give you a great deal of information and will wake the phone up every time you get a SMS or even email.

Here is a link to the app:

^FC