Disappointed!

DollfaceMama

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So I have been a die hard Samsung user and I was eligible for my upgrade so I was planning on getting the s4 but the guy at the sprint store swore I'd love this phone. I hate it. It doesn't support mp4 ringtones so you have to buy them, I don't like the home keys and you can't download external font packages without root. Anyone else feel like they were short sold?

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
"It doesn't support mp4 ringtones so you have to buy them"

Really pay for ringtones? I haven't had any issues with using any type of audio files as ringtones (MP4 is generally a video file)... that being said all my old iTunes AAC (mpeg 4 audio) files work perfectly as ringtones...

Also if you live in any major metro area the TriBand LTE capability of the G2 is a must unless you swap phones VERY frequently.

The S4 is only single band, that being said I LOVE my G2 but I do have it rooted (IO ROOT check XDA...) and use that for GMD AutoHide for the soft key hiding until we get KitKat Q1 2014 (Fingers CrosseD)

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Why are you using mp4 ring tones? And external font packs is something I have literally never done and have no desire to.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If mp4 ringtones are your killer feature, then you should probably go get an S4. I personally have been able to use all my old ringtone mp3 files and Zedge just fine.

Elton