Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robynsnest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 and airave

Having issues with the phone not connecting or dropping from the airave. Missing texts and such, not cool. Any ideas? Was working just fine days ago.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: LG G2 and airave

I talked to Sprint and they said there is a known problem with the Airave because it was not configured to the G2. Until the update if you will change roaming to home only then change network to cdma only it should work. It worked for me and coverage at home improved drastically. It's a work around but it works and makes me happier with the phone. I was considering returning it until this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Couldn't get that to work, so my solution was to turn off the Airave. Texts started going out then. I can't make calls now but, at least I can send a text. C'mon Sprint, need an update!

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I didn't know the airave needed to be configured for the phones!
    That's bs!
    I remember the good old Samsung airave, that was great!
    Now I have this new crapy airave that sometimes works, stupid!

I think they're lying about that update to include the G2. Think about it, so many phones they have and release them on different dates and they hardly update the airaves! The math doesn't add up!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I didn't know the airave needed to be configured for the phones!
    That's bs!
    I remember the good old Samsung airave, that was great!
    Now I have this new crapy airave that sometimes works, stupid!

I think they're lying about that update to include the G2. Think about it, so many phones they have and release them on different dates and they hardly update the airaves! The math doesn't add up!

You may very well be right and I like your quote. Big Who fan!
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Robynsnest View Post
    You may very well be right and I like your quote. Big Who fan!
    What did you think about this one?
    LG G2 and airave-1389315953369.jpg

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Love it!! I am already missing Matt Smith but waiting to see what Peter Capaldi is going to be like. I missed David Tennant too then go used to Matt Smith soo...

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I really liked Chris and David, a lot more then Matt. Don't know exactly how I feel about Peter.
    We'll find out soon. 😉

Master of Time and Space

I think Peter could rival David in popularity when all is said and done.
    Peter was born to play the Doctor.
    Just my $.02

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    I think Peter could rival David in popularity when all is said and done.
    Peter was born to play the Doctor.
    Just my $.02

Mav.
    That's what I've heard.

I liked Matt Smith so much in the role that it will be hard to get used to the new doctor.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I liked Matt Smith so much in the role that it will be hard to get used to the new doctor.

That's how I feel, even though I liked Tennant a lot more, I'll need to see Capaldi in action.

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Robynsnest View Post
    I talked to Sprint and they said there is a known problem with the Airave because it was not configured to the G2. Until the update if you will change roaming to home only then change network to cdma only it should work. It worked for me and coverage at home improved drastically. It's a work around but it works and makes me happier with the phone. I was considering returning it until this.
    I'll confirm that this does work. I spent a good amount of time on the phone with Airave Tech Support and this is what they had me do. Not sure if it matters but they also had me turn off the Sprint Optimizer setting. Having to change settings is a bit of a pain, but it does work, and well worth the alternative of getting a different device. I happen to really like this phone.

It worked well in my home for my wife and my G2. Big question I'll need to see answered is what happens after the Spark update. Rumor (educated) is that my market is going live with LTE service by mid-March and LTE will need to get turned back on.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by richardodn View Post
    It worked well in my home for my wife and my G2. Big question I'll need to see answered is what happens after the Spark update. Rumor (educated) is that my market is going live with LTE service by mid-March and LTE will need to get turned back on.
    You turn it back on, if you get good 4G LTE inside your house, then you don't need the Airave.

Service in or around my home would be nonexistent without my Airave. I haven't any problems with it working with my G2 from the start. It makes me wonder. I checked the setup on my Airave and it has always been setup t be availible to all phones not just the ones on my account. My G2 is set to global.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Yea, he has a weird issue... :what:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

I guess I should follow up on this. Since the spark update, I've not had any significant issues accessing the Airave. I've turned roaming back to automatic and mobile networks to LTE/CDMA. Still waiting for LTE in my market. I keep getting brief hits as towers get turned on for testing. Current rumors point to beginning of April for that. I'm really looking forward to that since this area was one of the better WiMax regions.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Are you able to send text messages? My problem was I was unable to do that?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by richardodn View Post
    I guess I should follow up on this. Since the spark update, I've not had any significant issues accessing the Airave. I've turned roaming back to automatic and mobile networks to LTE/CDMA. Still waiting for LTE in my market. I keep getting brief hits as towers get turned on for testing. Current rumors point to beginning of April for that. I'm really looking forward to that since this area was one of the better WiMax regions.
    Good deal! 👍
    Hopefully you'll get LTE pretty soon.