Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Huge problem

Sooooooo I'm having problems with mms. I can send them perfectly fine (except with hangouts I know there's been troubles with that.) But I have not been able to receive ANY. I've tried multiple sms replacement apps and nothing comes through. (I have a friend try to send me mms on request.) I've updated my data profile I've restarted my phone. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Please help.
    And another side thing is that the stock messaging app no longer gives me notifications when I get a text.
    Thanks guys

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Huge problem

Quote Originally Posted by ckinz16 View Post
    Sooooooo I'm having problems with mms. I can send them perfectly fine (except with hangouts I know there's been troubles with that.) But I have not been able to receive ANY. I've tried multiple sms replacement apps and nothing comes through. (I have a friend try to send me mms on request.) I've updated my data profile I've restarted my phone. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Please help.
    And another side thing is that the stock messaging app no longer gives me notifications when I get a text.
    Thanks guys

Try going to settings on the app, and go to notifications and then turn it on. Now you will get notifications every time someone texts you.

Global Posts
    13,146 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Huge problem

It could be a network issue, or possibly an issue receiving MMS from iOS devices. Check the device for any applicable system or software updates and see if that helps.