- 2 Posts
Digital audio out with the LGG2
Has anyone experimented with taking the digital audio out from the LGG2? I know it has a decent processor for handling up to 24bit/192khz audio, but I would be tickled if I could take the digital audio out to an outboard DAC. I read on one site that says they downsample any digital audio taken out from the USB port. That is a no no for me. Anyone have any experience with this? I just ordered my LGG2, so I will certainly try it out and report back my results.
- 01-25-2014, 06:26 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Digital audio out with the LGG2
Sorry I'm late getting back, but I now have great digital audio out of my LGG2 that I run to my outboard DAC. But you need a few things....1) Get the skillport mini usb to HDMI converter cable. I know the skillport works, but there are others on the market that may or may not be as effective. 2) Get the Kanex HDMI de-embedder ($49 at Amazon). This allows you to separate the audio and video signals via the HDMI cable. 3) Run your LGG2 skillport cable to an HDMI cable. The HDMI cable goes to the Kanex. Run another HDMI cable to your monitor and a digital audio cable to your DAC. Voila, you have great audio. Now, I often use my phone to listen to audio from the Tidal online service...great stuff...7 day free trial if you want to try it. Of course, you can always run sound from your headphone jack to your stereo, but leaving the sound for your DAC to convert sounds much better. USB audio is just not as good either, so this is the best way to go so far that I have found. Happy Listening!
- By sddenizen in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
- By Maxximus17 in forum T-Mobile LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
- By shahali in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 5Last Post: 01-26-2014, 05:34 PM
- By Elysium82 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2014, 02:44 AM
- By MVe00987 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 3Last Post: 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM