New to Forums- new LG G2, something is sucking my battery dry!

mellydance

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Over the last few days, my battery is reducing by 60% overnight (over 12 hours with no use). The only thing I think I've done is a few days ago I installed the Skype App, as I wanted some kind of FaceTime program. It's not actually running. When I review battery usage the large majority is System UI. Normally the battery lasts a day and a half and usually do almost a full charge at a time, but lately I'm having to do extra charges. Anyone help?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, you could always uninstall Skype and see if your battery goes back to normal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

mellydance

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I thought of doing that but figured if it wasn't running it may not be the issue, also it's not showing up in the usage. I'll try it and if anyone else has seen this battery issue happen, please let me know. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try a reboot first. It may be an app is partially stuck. If you still have battery problems, then it is one of the apps you recently installed.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Goldschmidt

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I also would recommend a reboot. But if that doesn't work, I noticed that one of the app permissions from Skype controls the battery. It's most likely from it preventing the phone from sleeping somehow.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391033922141.jpg
    1391033922141.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 36

ryanmtech

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You sleep for 12 hours a night o_O
Haha

In all seriousness though, I have this exact same issue with my G2. I'll go to bed with my phone completely charged, so I won't plug it in when i lay down, and when I wake up 8 hours later its already in the Red. Same thing in my battery usage, the biggest thing is System UI.

And as for Skype, I don't have it installed so low possibility of that causing it.

I should mention I've had this phone replaced due to having some screen issues with the first one, and both of the devices have done this same exact thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress