Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By mellydance
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Forums- new LG G2, something is sucking my battery dry!

Over the last few days, my battery is reducing by 60% overnight (over 12 hours with no use). The only thing I think I've done is a few days ago I installed the Skype App, as I wanted some kind of FaceTime program. It's not actually running. When I review battery usage the large majority is System UI. Normally the battery lasts a day and a half and usually do almost a full charge at a time, but lately I'm having to do extra charges. Anyone help?

Default Re: New to Forums- new LG G2, something is sucking my battery dry!

Well, you could always uninstall Skype and see if your battery goes back to normal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I thought of doing that but figured if it wasn't running it may not be the issue, also it's not showing up in the usage. I'll try it and if anyone else has seen this battery issue happen, please let me know. Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm trying to remember what day the problem started, because I also downloaded PayPal on Sunday.

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I would try a reboot first. It may be an app is partially stuck. If you still have battery problems, then it is one of the apps you recently installed.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Goldschmidt likes this.

I also would recommend a reboot. But if that doesn't work, I noticed that one of the app permissions from Skype controls the battery. It's most likely from it preventing the phone from sleeping somehow.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to Forums- new LG G2, something is sucking my battery dry!-1391033922141.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you!
    Goldschmidt likes this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

You sleep for 12 hours a night O.o
    Haha

In all seriousness though, I have this exact same issue with my G2. I'll go to bed with my phone completely charged, so I won't plug it in when i lay down, and when I wake up 8 hours later its already in the Red. Same thing in my battery usage, the biggest thing is System UI.

And as for Skype, I don't have it installed so low possibility of that causing it.

I should mention I've had this phone replaced due to having some screen issues with the first one, and both of the devices have done this same exact thing.