Microphone icon changed to pencil on keyboard

CTenM

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
That was exactly the trick! It's a little annoying to have to turn on another prog that consumes battery (I had it off for that reason, among other progs). But to have the microphone back makes up for it! Thank you sooooo much!

silvercreek89

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 has an app called "voice search" that was disabled by an app I installed to either save battery or memory. Without "voice search" app active, it made the mic disappear from both the Google keyboard and the Samsung keyboard. Turning voice search back on brought the mic back. Drove me nuts because it had nothing to do with anything in "settings".

Peter See

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
... you also need to have Google Search enabled under Applications, and a language selected. I inadvertently turned it off using Startup Manager, just spent 3 days tearing the internet up looking for the answer.

OMG. I've been searching all over for the answer. thank you very much! I now have my microphone icon back.

Jerry Nelson1

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
My microphone option is missing on the key left of spacebar. No options come up when hard pressed, i reset my phone and pulled battery, with no luck.

Robert Obermeier

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I am wasting my life on a horrible customer service call at this minute. I had a voice to text icon on my keyboard and it disappeared the other day, it turned into a pencil so you can write. The rep can't even tell me if that is a free trial that expired; I'd pay for it! She had me download a useless app. Anyone know?

Robert Obermeier

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
None of these help but I did find an answer: go to Google play store...search for Google search. . Mine was disabled cluck on enable and now it works. Thanks to Verizon tech support

jpwilber

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Solution for Samsung Galaxy S5:
Apps-->Settings-->Applications-->Application Manager-->Swipe-left-to-get-to-the-"Turned Off"-heading-->Scroll down to "Google Search"-->Tap to turn on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie