1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation WIFI connection????

I work at a hospital that has a "accept terms page to allow use of the Wifi" "Guest", my phone "connedcts to the Guest network , but doesnt really, all the other phones when you connect to the Guest network the screeen pops up and makes you accept terms, then the wifi becomes active , i cannont get the LG G2 to open to the diverted screeen to be able to accept

any ideas'? or anyone else run into this problem?

Default Re: WIFI connection????

Have you tried to open up a Web page (I. e
    That's what I have to do at the hospital I work at. It will then redirect me to the accept the terms page

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It still does not make the "accept terms" page come up , and just uses the phones wifi
    Last edited by loulafemina; 02-05-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loulafemina View Post
    yes, still just uses the phones wifi
    Do you mean just uses mobile data? Because using the phones wifi is what you are trying to do.

When I connect to a network that has a terms and conditions page, I get a notification to log into the network, I click that notification and it take me directly to that page to accept the terms (or to log in if credentials are needed). Do you see that notification?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yes , it just uses mobile data, it says "connected to Guest" with Searching still spinning,
    In the past with the HTC Evo, and with all my co-workers who have different types of phones, when a phone connects to our "guest Wifi here at my place of employement , the normal process is, wifi connects to guest, and then when you try to use it , a page "Our company's terms page", you have the choice to accept or decline you hit accept and you are home free if you hit decline, you stay connected but you must now use your mobile data, kinda like going to starbucks, or a hotel, where it promps you, the problem is there is no prompt . I walk into work daily , it connects to guest, but never really connects and i wind up using my own data,
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Im sure because there are sites that are blocked by my employer "LinkedIn" and it would normally make me turn off Wifi to accses my linkedIn account ,
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Do you mean just uses mobile data? Because using the phones wifi is what you are trying to do.

When I connect to a network that has a terms and conditions page, I get a notification to log into the network, I click that notification and it take me directly to that page to accept the terms (or to log in if credentials are needed). Do you see that notification?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    NO i do not get the notifaction page , i have even tried to "forget " the wifi, but it still upon seeing it just "connects" without prompt

You might try the Web WiFi Login app, it automates logging into wifi connections like mentioned. You have to record the login within the app (easy) the first time. After that, it's automatic.

SCH-I535 with Invisiblek's MF1 firmware, & ML1 modem.