Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robynsnest
  • 1 Post By llmgtab
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery draining faster with Spark

Has anyone noticed their battery draining faster with the Spark update? Mine seems to be draining significantly faster than before. For example I could leave it unplugged all night at 100% fully charged and by morning at most it would have decreased to 98%. The battery drains very slowly when I don't use the phone, or it did but now it's draining even when I'm not using it.

Default Re: Battery draining faster with Spark

Yes even i faced the same problem with my Samsung galaxy y duos lite, the battery was getting drained out frequently instead of charging 100%, then i have used battery saver app for my mobile from then it is staying nearly for 24 hrs and i suggest you to use it once and see, if it doesn't solve your problem, contact Samsung Service Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghavendra Padmashali View Post
    Yes even i faced the same problem with my Samsung galaxy y duos lite, the battery was getting drained out frequently instead of charging 100%, then i have used battery saver app for my mobile from then it is staying nearly for 24 hrs and i suggest you to use it once and see, if it doesn't solve your problem, contact Samsung Service Center.
    You do realize this is a LG G2 forum, right? Contacting Samsung Service Center will do little good. I don't think your galaxy y duos lite is truly Spark enabled.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

Is this the ZVA update? My phone just asked me to update this morning, so far I haven't. Can Spark be disabled? I don't want to upgrade if it's going to hurt my battery life.

Elton
    Master of Time and Space

I have only had the update for a day and a half, but have found to adverse battery affect from ZVA.
    I will monitor over the weekend.

Also, I have not seen any battery complaints from those who received the update in the first few days.

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    I have only had the update for a day and a half, but have found to adverse battery affect from ZVA.
    I will monitor over the weekend.

Also, I have not seen any battery complaints from those who received the update in the first few days.

Mav.
    I'm half a day behind you and don't see anything adverse either.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Robynsnest View Post
    Has anyone noticed their battery draining faster with the Spark update? Mine seems to be draining significantly faster than before. For example I could leave it unplugged all night at 100% fully charged and by morning at most it would have decreased to 98%. The battery drains very slowly when I don't use the phone, or it did but now it's draining even when I'm not using it.
    If band 41 is set as top priority and there is no band 41 in your area, maybe the phone continually scans for a band that isn't there and that is causing extra battery drain. That's just a guess. So far, I haven't noticed a difference in battery life on my G2.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by recoveringlefty View Post
    If band 41 is set as top priority and there is no band 41 in your area, maybe the phone continually scans for a band that isn't there and that is causing extra battery drain. That's just a guess. So far, I haven't noticed a difference in battery life on my G2.
    That may very well be my issue. I do see lots of spinning going on.
    Master of Time and Space

I would keep it set as Sprint has it.
    Band 25, Priority 1. Band 26, Priority 2. Band 41, Priority 3.
    Bands 26 and 41 will be for building penetration and offloading data traffic.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    I would keep it set as Sprint has it.
    Band 25, Priority 1. Band 26, Priority 2. Band 41, Priority 3.
    Bands 26 and 41 will be for building penetration and offloading data traffic.

Mav.

That seemed to fix the problem. Battery is draining MUCH slower now. Thanks.
    recoveringlefty likes this.

I have noticed faster battery drain after the update as well. I had switched 41 to highest priority, going to set it back and see if that helps me as well. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    recoveringlefty likes this.

Can anyone tell me how to change the band my g2 is currently on?
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by rgarcia9700 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to change the band my g2 is currently on?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post3438989

Mav.

I don't think it's the band priority. I changed my priority to have 41 as #1 and I know there is not a 41 tower in my city. (next city over, but not the tower I'm on all day)
    I took my phone off the charger at 0700 and it's 1500 right now and it still reads as 99%...I haven't used the phone today except for a few texts.

Also, the band priority is only for when the phone scans. Once your phone locks onto a band it'll stay there until it's booted off or loses signal.
    If the phone is locked onto a band it doesn't scan constantly.
    (all info gleaned from S4GRU.com forum)

I also have the excessive battery drain in deep sleep with no suspect rogue apps or process running in the background. I checked my LTE bands and discovered 26 and 41 were disabled. So I enabled them and tried changing the priority to 2 and 3 respectively as pointed out on this thread. But, I don't have that option. All I have are priorities 0 and 1 for both bands 26 and 41. What should I set them as?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahgook View Post
    I also have the excessive battery drain in deep sleep with no suspect rogue apps or process running in the background. I checked my LTE bands and discovered 26 and 41 were disabled. So I enabled them and tried changing the priority to 2 and 3 respectively as pointed out on this thread. But, I don't have that option. All I have are priorities 0 and 1 for both bands 26 and 41. What should I set them as?
    Priority 0 means it gives it a lower priority relative to a band which is assigned priority 1. Just set bands at 25=1 , 26=1, 41= 1 and you should be fine.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Technosticrati; 02-12-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by Technosticrati View Post
    Priority 0 means it gives it a lower priority relative to a band which is assigned priority 1. Just set bands at 25=1 , 26=1, 41= 1 and you should be fine.
    This man speaks the truth.

Mav.