Very slow charging?

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone

I just picked up my G2 yesterday and noticed something strange. Three people in my family have G2s and have reported good battery life and reasonably quick charge times for such a big battery. They all estimated about 3 hours to fully charge. Would you guys agree with that time? My phone went from 12% to 39% in two and a half hours of charging. I was not using it the whole time either. I also went from 100% to 12% discharging in about 8 hours. Do these numbers seem right to you guys? It is the charger that came with the phone and I am plugged into the wall, so it is not slow charging.

Just checked the charging again, I'm at 52% now after 3.5 hours from 12 and it estimates full charge in 4 hours.

Thanks!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
That's really slow charging. It's supposed to charge faster than most smartphones. When powered off my G2 charges from 20 to 80% in about an hour. You might have a defective battery, charger, or charging cable.

Your battery also seems to be discharging pretty quickly. What kind of screen on time do you get? My G2 usually gets 6-8 hours screen on and 30+ hours battery life.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
My screen on time says 3hr 4 minutes. When does that reset though? When it hits 100%? I will test that for sure tomorrow when I unplug it in the morning.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My G2 did the same thing when I first got it. I noticed it was hot while it was trying to charge. I turned the phone off and back on and it charged fast like it's supposed to.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it has definitely been getting hot. I just browsed social media for probably 45 minutes on WiFi, went from 50% to 28% and the upper half of the phone is roasting. I just restarted it. I will test it tomorrow and get back with you guys.

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm sitting at 26% after being unplugged at 8:45am until now, 11:26pm. I have 3.5 hours screen on time and probably about 4 hours of playing music through headphones. I had wifi on almost all day, with some mobile data as well, but not much.

These numbers seem correct now? It seems to be charging much faster now, too.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm sitting at 26% after being unplugged at 8:45am until now, 11:26pm. I have 3.5 hours screen on time and probably about 4 hours of playing music through headphones. I had wifi on almost all day, with some mobile data as well, but not much.

These numbers seem correct now? It seems to be charging much faster now, too.

Yeah I would think that's about right. It should get a little better after a while. I use ds battery saver app on mine which helps quite quite a bit too while I'm at work. I've used it on all my phones.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Cool, so for some reason a restart fixed it. That doesnt make a whole lot of sense to my electrical engineering brain. Thanks for the help help guys!

unforgiven93

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
For anyone curious, it happened a couple more times, so since I was in my 14 day post-purchase period I just went and got a brand new phone. Fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC