Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Sprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible

Hi. Not sure why, but I am experiencing horrible battery life.

Stock rom with Spark update
    I have auto brightness set with a max of 50%
    No "strange" apps...I guess just the normal stuff. Zedge, Maps, etc. I disabled G+ because I don't use it.
    I use Google Music connected to BT quite a bit - maybe an hour total...
    Maybe 30 mins of phone calls
    I'm getting roughly 8 hours of moderate to heavy usage.

That just seems really bad to me considering the battery in this thing... Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-21-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: Battery life is terrible

I'm gonna bet on Sprint Spark playing some part in this.. Sprint is working in the right direction but I think if the device is doing some heavy change off switching bands to keep the best connection possible its working that radio hard which in turn eats battery..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I'm gonna bet on Sprint Spark playing some part in this.. Sprint is working in the right direction but I think if the device is doing some heavy change off switching bands to keep the best connection possible its working that radio hard which in turn eats battery..
    I'm on wifi

Hmmm interesting... I'll let the LG G2 community chime in on this for a more accurate answer.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Try Gsam battery monitor and wakelock detector to identify the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Try Gsam battery monitor and wakelock detector to identify the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    I second this, GSam will help find the culprit. Look at some of the other battery threads here for suggestions on what to look for.

Right now I've been on battery for 13 hours 41 minutes with 4 hours 15 minutes screen on time and several 10 - 15 minute phone calls and my battery is at 45% left.

You must have a misbehaving app, or something that is doing a lot of syncing.

Let us know what you see with GSam and many here will be more than willing to assist.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Google services is taking up 66% of my battery since I've unplugged it. Going down about 10% battery an hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible-screenshot_2014-02-13-14-35-51.jpg  
    Last edited by jeffreynothing43; 02-13-2014 at 01:40 PM.

This Google Services thing is a known bug, correct?

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by mrbuddy View Post
    This Google Services thing is a known bug, correct?

From what I've read it should have been fixed in the newer versions. Also, if others are reporting great battery life and I'm not, there has to be something I'm missing... I don't know though, I'm just spitballing.

Usually a simulated battery pull (hold the power button down until your phone restarts) will resolve this.

Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Usually a simulated battery pull (hold the power button down until your phone restarts) will resolve this.

Thank you. This seemed to have worked. Weird that it happened though. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    Thank you. This seemed to have worked. Weird that it happened though. Is this normal?
    Normal? No. But it happens. Typically a memory leak or other problem with an app that causes it to go haywire. I've even had it happen with the Android Central App.

So, if I see a single app using huge amounts of battery or CPU, first thing I do is a simulated battery pull. If that doesn't fix it then I start looking elsewhere.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Sorry to keep adding to this thread but I came across another question. Yesterday my battery was being drained by "Google Services." The simulated battery pull worked. Today however, "Google Play Services" keeping my phone awake and draining the battery. Simulated pull did not stop it.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

After seeing your three threads in a row im gonna go out on a limb and say your phone is defective

Sent from my Lumia 928
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Sorry to keep adding to this thread but I came across another question. Yesterday my battery was being drained by "Google Services." The simulated battery pull worked. Today however, "Google Play Services" keeping my phone awake and draining the battery. Simulated pull did not stop it.
    Do you use Google Now?

I was having the same Google Play Services drain my battery faster than normal and turning off Google Now did the trick for me. Kinda sucks though because I like the Google Now service, but I didn't use it enough to have to worry if I would have enough battery by the end of the day.

Hope this helps!
    DWR3CK3D

Mobile: LG G2 (Sprint) | Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

I had terrible battery life as well and could not figure it out. Then I had to reset my phone to factory settings as I could not figure out why texts to one person kept bouncing back a message. So I reset it, and reinstalled all of the same apps and battery life more than tripled. I was getting roughly 4 hours ...it was ridiculous. Now I am getting about 13 with heavy use.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Yeah...I'm getting roughly eight hours. 1.5 hours screen on time.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Sprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible-screenshot_2014-02-21-17-12-56.jpgSprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible-screenshot_2014-02-21-17-13-04.jpg

Here are some pictures of my battery stats. I have no idea why I'm getting such terrible battery life compared to what others are saying. I'd love to have some input or assistance on what could be going on.

You think your battery life is bad I get 5 hours of screen time with my lg g2 auto sync turned off location off manual email refresh and 50% brightness. And after 5 hours of on screen time done to about 5% percent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-21-17-12-56.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	105534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-21-17-13-04.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	105535

Here are some pictures of my battery stats. I have no idea why I'm getting such terrible battery life compared to what others are saying. I'd love to have some input or assistance on what could be going on.
    If you're rooted you can Greenify Google services. Otherwise, you'll need to manually stop it from running.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

ROM
    DecksGB 1.3, Tiamat 3.3.7

Disabling Google location settings in the Google Settings app vastly improved my battery life. I can sometimes go three or four days on a charge with light to medium usage.

I didn't think this was new thread worthy, but I got my first rapid battery drop last night. Without using the phone at all, I lost 8% in a few hours. That had not happened in the first few weeks of owning the phone. According to Gsam and the battery app in settings, the app that was using all of the battery was "google play services". I don't use Google Now, so I don't think that is the problem. I restarted my phone and that fixed it...for now.

Does anyone know if there is an actual fix for this? Or is restarting every once in a while the only way to solve the issue?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Re: Sprint LG G2: Battery life is terrible

Same thing to me to...terrible terrible battery life.

I'm having great life but Instagram is a huge battery drain but with sprint and always jumping to different bands in my area it kinda takes it toll

My battery life has been great.

Posted via Android Central App. Sprint LG G2. Phoenix, AZ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast