Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Here is the one and only place to gather and collate all of the KitKat info for the G2.

1- The main rumor I keep hearing for the KitKat update is to be out by the end of March, which is also the end of the First Quarter that LG has mentioned.
2- I also hear that they will skip 4.3 and go right to version 4.4. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
3- As the G Pro 2 is to be released out of the box with KitKat, I hope LG and Sprint keeps us all up to date, Nexus 5 not withstanding. :p

Anyway, it will be great to get the sweetness of KitKit to our already amazing G2s.

If you see a related story, post a link.

Mav. :cool:

Last edited:

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

Thanks for the Info. For the first time In a while I'm actually happy enough with my phone that an update will just be more for fun than a necessity.

Posted via Android Central App. Sprint LG G2. Phoenix, AZ

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

My daughters G2 has such amazing battery life that I'm a little worried too update it when KitKat rolls around.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Nothing new to report.
I counsel patience. :p

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I look forward to faster Camera speed

Posted from my Lg G2 over Sprint in Orlando

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking forward to being able to use tap to pay with Google Wallet. I've heard AT&T's model gets even better battery life too, if you can believe that!

lizardking13

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

I feel like the biggest feature KitKat will bring is even MORE speed. This phone is umpteen times faster than my GS2...So I feel like I won't even noticed a speed difference haha.

gobyray

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Question: My G2 (LS980) was rooted and when Sprint recently did the OTA update for "Spark". I was stuck with just the phone booting to TWRP only. I was able to resolve that problem by going back to stock (although, my ignorant **** didn't do a backup so I lost all my photos and music...but I digress). My question is if I root my phone again, without installing a custom recovery will the same thing happen when we finally do get upgraded to KitKat?
If the question has already been answered I apologize for being redundant.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Question: My G2 (LS980) was rooted and when Sprint recently did the OTA update for "Spark". I was stuck with just the phone booting to TWRP only. I was able to resolve that problem by going back to stock (although, my ignorant **** didn't do a backup so I lost all my photos and music...but I digress). My question is if I root my phone again, without installing a custom recovery will the same thing happen when we finally do get upgraded to KitKat?
If the question has already been answered I apologize for being redundant.

Yes, any OTA update will break root.
Once it arrives, backup, return to stock, get the update and then re-root.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, any OTA update will break root.
Once it arrives, backup, return to stock, get the update and then re-root.

Not true. Last OTA didn't even assert for root check.
It was further proven when we modified the OTA to downgrade aboot and flash in TWRP but still hold root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan