Irritations: phone numbers, music player, email client

zoswork

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
New G2 user, after HTC EVO 4G and HTC EVO 4G LTE (Android 4.1.x).

Of course it's nicer in almost every way, but it's irritating me on three counts so far. I'm hoping that I just haven't managed to find a way to change these behaviors; I've looked in all cases, so won't bother to note that for each.

1) I have contacts with many phone numbers, some of which are listed in the comments section of the contact. On my HTCs, these were "live": I could touch them and they would invoke the phone app. Not so on the G2. Having to cut & paste them is going to be really painful.

2) I listen to a lot of rips of live music. The HTC music player would go seamlessly from one track to the next; the G2 inserts a small pause.

3) The old email client was more configurable per account. I have my work account (Exchange), on which I want to be prompted before deleting notes; on my home POP accounts, I don't care, as I mostly read mail from a PC. Now I have the option to always or never prompt.

All of these seem like steps backward. I'm a programmer but not an Android geek, so maybe it's just a matter of LG choosing different clients from HTC; if so, maybe someone knows what the clients used by HTC were, so I might could swap 'em out?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
(1) There's a setting within the phone app for it to vibrate.

(2) you can add multiple numbers in different categories.

(3) you'll need a different music app like Poweramp to get gapless music.

Not sure about the stock email app issues. Deleted it shortly after I got the phone.

Sent from my LG-G2

zoswork

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
(1) There's a setting within the phone app for it to vibrate.

(2) you can add multiple numbers in different categories.

(3) you'll need a different music app like Poweramp to get gapless music.

Not sure about the stock email app issues. Deleted it shortly after I got the phone.

1) Where? As I said, I looked. I see no such option.
2) Right, but there are literally dozens of numbers in some of these entries. I'm not going to spend all day moving them around. This is loss of functionality--weird.
3) OK, I'll try that, thanks!

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I will add that when you dial 611 it now opens the Sprint zone app instead of dialing customer care. Pretty annoying.

Posted via Android Central App