Annoying forced ad acceptance when accessing voicemail

kbckc

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I know we live in a nation driven by endless, senseless ads virtually no one pays any attention to. Sprint is a much a monster in this universe as anyone and we just have to live with that. The others are probably no better. Where American cell phone technology is concerned, we are all reduced to having to pick the crap pile we are most willing to tolerate the smell of and that isn't likely to change.

But to my point of this post, I just purchased an LG G2, choosing to leave Samsung after the S2 update debacle and no longer trusting them with current or future models. When I open the voicemail app, I am blocked by an annoying message that keeps popping up even though I selected decline previously. It demanded that I accept an ad called pinsight that pops up at the top of the screen. I was not provided with any other option than accepting in order to stop the interruption. Now I will see what kind of invasion I will have to live with after giving in. What has your solution been to remove your phone from this useless loop? I do not know what pinsight is trying sell, but I will devote the rest of my life to making sure I do not buy any of it on purpose.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, this is new. Just opened my voice mail app and see "Welcome to the new voice mail app..." which is ad supported as you mention above.

It says you can us it without ads, I'm going to try that route.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The big problem with this is that the stupid thing is broken. It WILL NOT remember your choice. Whether you choose to allow them or not, it will forget and continue to ask you every time you use your VM. At least, that has been my experience with since the VM got it's last update.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The big problem with this is that the stupid thing is broken. It WILL NOT remember your choice. Whether you choose to allow them or not, it will forget and continue to ask you every time you use your VM. At least, that has been my experience with since the VM got it's last update.

I was having the same problem on my Note 3 since last update, don't know what happened, but it finally quit a couple of days ago and has not returned.

Microspeed

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
We already PAY for the service! This kind of backdoor bs should be illegal! They sell your name and track and sell your habits. Then have the gall to have a network that hasn't lived up to promises for years. I think they should at least give a reach around if they're going to do you like that.
Just my 2 cents

Sbricky

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it for calls, but I have before. It does make having two phone numbers way easier.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech