Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By depechemodegurl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new phone - couple of questions

Just got a new G2 by switching over to the framily plan. I'm getting acquainted with all the settings (have switched a lot over the years).

When i'm on a call, i notice the signal increases to full bars, drops one, then goes to none. It does this over and over. Sometimes during this, the voice of the person im talking to is garbled. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, when receiving a text, i don't see a why for the screen to light up or view the message in the quickwindow. Is this not possible?

I was reading threads about GPS issues and problems with the stock weather widget. My weather widget wont locate me at all, even if i have maps open simultaneously it still says my location is unavailable. Is this just a wonky widget? I feel like this phone is a little half-baked... :-/

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Default Re: new phone - couple of questions

SPARK phones don't do voice and data at the present time. It has something to do with the frequencies, but it's being worked on. I read that in an article somewhere.

The bars when doing a call is the same issue.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    Just got a new G2 by switching over to the framily plan. I'm getting acquainted with all the settings (have switched a lot over the years).

When i'm on a call, i notice the signal increases to full bars, drops one, then goes to none. It does this over and over. Sometimes during this, the voice of the person im talking to is garbled. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, when receiving a text, i don't see a why for the screen to light up or view the message in the quickwindow. Is this not possible?

I was reading threads about GPS issues and problems with the stock weather widget. My weather widget wont locate me at all, even if i have maps open simultaneously it still says my location is unavailable. Is this just a wonky widget? I feel like this phone is a little half-baked... :-/

I downloaded sms wakeup from the play store to get my phone to light up when I get a text. It wasn't a built in option on this phone for some reason : /

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?
    Thanked by 2:
    juststart and gobyray like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DWR_31 View Post
    SPARK phones don't do voice and data at the present time. It has something to do with the frequencies, but it's being worked on. I read that in an article somewhere.

The bars when doing a call is the same issue.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!
    Thanks for the info!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    I downloaded sms wakeup from the play store to get my phone to light up when I get a text. It wasn't a built in option on this phone for some reason : /

Rockin my LG G2
    Thanks for the suggestion!