How do I get the Spark Upgrade if Im rooted?

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you on a stock rom?
Usually the Ota gets pushed out. If you haven't received the update you should probably go into settings, system updates, and click update firmware. If you aren't on the spark update then that should do it (although I don't know why you wouldn't have already received it.

I'm no rom genius either so idk if you have to be on the stock rom to receive it or not.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Im on the stock rom but I am rooted. It has been pushed but everytime I download it the notification pops up again within a week. Anybody know what folder its stored in on the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well feces, I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm honestly surprised no one here has chipped in. I figured someone would know. You may wanna head over to xda forums and ask it there. That group is way more into rooting with stock and custom roms. They'd probably be more qualified to assist you.

EDIT:. Lol! I can say feces, but the language filter, filters out the p word for feces xD.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to be bone stock to get any OTA update to correctly get to and work on your phone.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.