My LG G2 won't knock on

OneNecklace

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Starting to today my lg g2 wont knock on I tried to tap above the lg logo and it wouldn't knock on and I calibrate the sensor. Do any one else have and other fixes?

Last edited by a moderator:

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: My lg g2 wont knock on

Are you still using the stock launcher? If so, does it still do knock-off with the screen on? If it does, we are basically waiting for the 4.4 update to fix it. In the meantime here's a quick fix.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=novum.inceptum.proximity&token=T8_1C4XE

Use the hold action when screen is off to wake your device and leave the knock-on setting on the phone on so you can double tap to turn it off.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Is it still enabled in settings, if not try to reboot and check again. Also, did you do a LG backup, if so try to restore to a previous time when you knew it was functioning.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Is it still enabled in settings, if not try to reboot and check again. Also, did you do a LG backup, if so try to restore to a previous time when you knew it was functioning.

Factory data reset doesn't work. Sprint already knows about the issue. It's a bug.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Finally got Knock On working again.
Had to go to stock LG launcher, then toggle the setting off and on, then reboot.

The trick in getting it to work is the 1st tap has to be at least 1second before the second tap.

NO DOUBLE TAPPING QUICKLY!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

1 second? If my knocks are more than a quarter to half a second apart it won't recognize them.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This started happening to me today.. Knock knock actually sold me the phone..
I can knock off but not on... Still stock launcher.

:(

Posted via Android Central App

coolblood2

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that mine has had the same problem lately with knock on not working but knock off is just fine. As far as I can narrow it down it started happening a day or two after I rooted and starring using the apps Greenify and G2 Exposed. This the case for anyone else? I love both these apps and do not want to remove them before I see if this could more likely be caused by something else.

Ok quick updated. Did different things with freezing the apps and no change so I'll assume they aren't the culprit. Could altering the stock keyboard be able to swype cause it? Screen going bad? I just want to solve this. I have noticed very occasionally (not often at all) the screen will act like it doesn't recognize my pages when scrolling webpages or selecting an app in the app drawer.

Last edited:

coolblood2

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think must just be a weird hardware issue. If I wrote the screen it'll work one time lol. Guess I might actually have look into a replacement....

Smith I Run

May 2, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)

Last edited:

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)

anyone tried this with sprint? no settings or update touch fw in the menu...

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay folks. Knock-off works, but Knock-on doesn't.
Turn off the setting in the gestures menu. Reboot your phone. Turn on setting. Power button lock your phone.
Now tap screen firmly for one second then tap firmly again. (No quick tapping like you're trying to turn the screen off)

Say this out loud. (1.- 2.)
One dot, two dot.
The first touch has to be firm and for a solid 1 second.

gsdurran

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay folks. Knock-off works, but Knock-on doesn't.
Turn off the setting in the gestures menu. Reboot your phone. Turn on setting. Power button lock your phone.
Now tap screen firmly for one second then tap firmly again. (No quick tapping like you're trying to turn the screen off)

Say this out loud. (1.- 2.)
One dot, two dot.
The first touch has to be firm and for a solid 1 second.

This did work for me finally but the responsiveness is not as good as before the kitkat upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1