Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.

Now that KitKat is being supplied to our Sprint G2s, here is the place to list your likes, dislikes, problems, etc with the new OS.

So let's hear what everyone thinks.
    Good, Bad or Ugly.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Gillentine likes this.

Default Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.

After installing everything seems fine. But how do you restore everything from your Gmail account.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.

Logging to your account should resync everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gillentine View Post
    After installing everything seems fine. But how do you restore everything from your Gmail account.

I guess clearing Google Services framework data does do something after all.

Google has said factory data reset and time should restore settings/data. They did not specify how much time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I guess clearing Google Services framework data does do something after all.

Google has said factory data reset and time should restore settings/data. They did not specify how much time.

He could have factory reset before doing the update, which would mean he'd have to log back in.
    Besides backing your apps with the LG backup also appears to back up the apps framework. Meaning, when you restore it repairs any issues it would normally cause, I.E. Notifications not getting pushed.

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.

I got it fixed. Yeah for chocolate on my phone.

Mikey47 likes this.

Anyone else having problems with google play music? Songs just randomly stop, even the ones I saved for offline use.

Quote Originally Posted by holyjesusjuice View Post
    Anyone else having problems with google play music? Songs just randomly stop, even the ones I saved for offline use.
    They've been doing this to me as well, and I'm still on JB. It seems to be a Google Music error, not an OS error.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    They've been doing this to me as well, and I'm still on JB. It seems to be a Google Music error, not an OS error.
    That's a little better I suppose.

I got it fixed. Yeah for chocolate on my phone.

What did you do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    What did you do to fix it?

It would help if I had used the right account. DUHHHH!

Tritonemusic likes this.

It would help if I had used the right account. DUHHHH!

Lmao

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.
    Thanked by:

Other than that little hiddegity piddegity, I'm enjoying the new OS. Very fast, and no slow down once it completely installed.

I have noticed that on the pull down screen that the icons are still blue. I thought they were changing to white.

No, it was only the at a glance portion that changed color.

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by BecomingDeath13 View Post
    No, it was only the at a glance portion that changed color.

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone notice that the character counter is now in the message box in the messaging app. Not necessarily anything wrong with it, just think it looks weird 😕

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    Anyone notice that the character counter is now in the message box in the messaging app. Not necessarily anything wrong with it, just think it looks weird 😕

Rockin my LG G2
    I just noticed that. Really weird, wonder if we can change it.

Has anyone gotten use to the MMS menu now. It gives me a Google Drive theme and shows all my media now (cloud and device).

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Now I'm pissed. They took away Aspect Ratio option under Display Settings. Now Gun Bros has tiny controls.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Quote Originally Posted by that.rick22 View Post
    Has anyone gotten use to the MMS menu now. It gives me a Google Drive theme and shows all my media now (cloud and device).

I personally like the new menus, but they will take some time to get used to. I'm having a hard time spotting all the little changes, I'll see something and think it looks different but it's such a small change I second guess whether or not it's really a change lol.

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will

I hate to say it but my battery is draining quicker then normal. I have 1hr 40 min and I'm already at 83%. The phone has literally been sitting idle on my desk. Pre kit Kat it would be at 83% by the time I got home from work. Guess I'll try a factory reset when I get home, I usually do after an update but didn't have time last night to back everything up. Anyone else having battery drain issues?

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will

I hate to say it but my battery is draining quicker then normal. I have 1hr 40 min and I'm already at 83%. The phone has literally been sitting idle on my desk. Pre kit Kat it would be at 83% by the time I got home from work. Guess I'll try a factory reset when I get home, I usually do after an update but didn't have time last night to back everything up. Anyone else having battery drain issues?

Rockin my LG G2
    Do you have any apps that use the camera? That is a known bug for KitKat that some apps like snapchat cause the camera to turn on in the background draining the battery.

Rockin my LG G2
    Have you tried looking to see what app(s) are being greedy with your battery? A full reset may not be needed.

Rockin my LG G2
    You might have some apps draining your battery.
    Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1396459863165.jpg
    My phone has been off the charger since before I went to sleep. Plus like 30 minutes of screentime. Before this update I'd be around 90%.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast