Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3 Button Headphone - middle Button not working with LG G2

Has anyone had issues with the middle button not working on the Quadbeats 2 earphones? or on any 3 button headset/earphones? When I press the middle button (which is supposed to be the play/pause button), it brings up an option to open the phone dialer. It's pretty annoying that play/pause doesn't work.

It didn't work when I had Android 4.2.2 and still doesn't work after upgrading to 4.4.2. I can't imagine LG would design a pair of earphones that wouldn't work properly with their own flagship phone.

I've tested it out on the stock music app and google play app; it always brings up the phone dialer option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by corpomonkey; 04-11-2014 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Title update

Default Re: LG Quadbeats 2 Headphone middle Button not working with LG G2

You may want to clean the headphone port. A Q-tip with some "Q" pulled off so it will fit in---with some connection cleaner, or alcohol. A bit of dirt or coffee in the port can mess up your phone in many ways.

Default Re: 3 Button Headphone - middle Button not working with LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by corpomonkey View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the middle button not working on the Quadbeats 2 earphones? or on any 3 button headset/earphones? When I press the middle button (which is supposed to be the play/pause button), it brings up an option to open the phone dialer. It's pretty annoying that play/pause doesn't work.

It didn't work when I had Android 4.2.2 and still doesn't work after upgrading to 4.4.2. I can't imagine LG would design a pair of earphones that wouldn't work properly with their own flagship phone.

I've tested it out on the stock music app and google play app; it always brings up the phone dialer option.

Having the same experience, confused why this is its behavior. Bump for a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by prEvo View Post
    You may want to clean the headphone port. A Q-tip with some "Q" pulled off so it will fit in---with some connection cleaner, or alcohol. A bit of dirt or coffee in the port can mess up your phone in many ways.
    :/

Default Re: 3 Button Headphone - middle Button not working with LG G2

I found out the solution as same issue was with me also....disable "ok google detection - from any screen option-feature from the google now settings full steps below

1. open google now
    2. goto google now setting
    3. select voice option from search & now cards
    4. select "ok google" detection
    5. uncheck -from any screen - option
    6. exit google now
    7. that's it.

Check your issue will be resolved .

mine problem solved in this method only.

Reply me it worked or not

- - - Updated - - -

I found out the solution as same issue was with me also....disable "ok google detection - from any screen option-feature from the google now settings full steps below

1. open google now
    2. goto google now setting
    3. select voice option from search & now cards
    4. select "ok google" detection
    5. uncheck -from any screen - option
    6. exit google now
    7. that's it.

Check your issue will be resolved .

mine problem solved in this method only.

Reply me it worked or not

Quote Originally Posted by corpomonkey View Post