Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question SIM unlocked

I asked Sprint to unlock my SIM, they say it has been done. Is there a way, other than trying a INTL SIM card, to see if this is true?

Default Re: SIM unlocked

You can try tmobile or ATT, provided that they didn't block domestic carriers

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I asked Sprint to unlock my sim too and they sent me an email with some instructions to finalize the unlock (I had to be on wifi before it worked):

In order for the device unlock to be finalized; the device has to be connected to the CDMA Network or a stable Wi-Fi data connection.* Once the device unlock is complete, you should be able to insert the International SIM card and use the GSM Network.

If the international SIM card is not working, insert the original SIM card and follow these steps once you are connected to the CDMA Network OR a stable Wi-Fi data connection: go to*Settings > Self Updates > UICC Unlock.* This will initiate the necessary update, then you can insert the international SIM card again and the network should change to GSM.*

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Does it work with 4G? I'm looking at buying an unlocked sprint G2 being used on T-Mobile network currently, but I don't want to buy it unless it gets 4G. I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by laotzuology View Post
    Does it work with 4G? I'm looking at buying an unlocked sprint G2 being used on T-Mobile network currently, but I don't want to buy it unless it gets 4G. I couldn't find the answer anywhere.
    I'm almost positive it will not work on LTE on T-Mobile. The Sprint G2 (LS980) has a radio that works with LTE bands 25, 26 & 41. T-Mobile uses LTE bands 2, 4 & 17. Voice and (maybe) 2g/Edge would likely work, both phones support GSM 850 frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by cwise2222 View Post
    I'm almost positive it will not work on LTE on T-Mobile. The Sprint G2 (LS980) has a radio that works with LTE bands 25, 26 & 41. T-Mobile uses LTE bands 2, 4 & 17. Voice and (maybe) 2g/Edge would likely work, both phones support GSM 850 frequency.
    It supports hspa+ also so 3 1/2 g

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2