Sprint LG G2: Why is Bluetooth using battery after KitKat?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Before kitkat Bluetooth was never in my usage stats. After, it is there and using battery. Thing is, its not turned on, nor do I use it. Today for instance says its been on 1 1/2 hrs. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I always have Bluetooth disabled. Nevertheless, it seems to consume battery in the background, ever since the KitKat update.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Me too. So at least it is not just me. Very strange...this has to be a bug in it. But it is not one I've heard of before on the web.

Posted via Android Central App

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have 6 hrs off charger today and 2 hr 47min BT use and my BT is off and never have I used it. I don't know how to attach screenshot

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hold down power and volume down until it snaps. Otherwise slide up from the nav bar to quick memo and save that way

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Here is mine.
esahegez.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: Apparently GSam Battery Monitor only shows the last 15 characters of the process it is watching. So "droid.bluetooth" is the same. Which leads to the question of why does GSam Battery Monitor report 0's, while the G2 doesn't.

----

Something interesting on this...

I use GSam Battery Monitor and it is reporting 0.0% for Bluetooth. However the battery app (like all of you have been showing) shows around during 4% usage (with high cpu values and keep awake time).

GSam is watching the process "droid.bluetooth" . I used OS Monitor and I see "com.android.bluetooth" process running.

Could this simply be a matter of something monitoring the wrong process? My battery life is still amazing....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

JoeProcopio

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously just looked and Bluetooth reported 48%...VS980 stock/rooted

I have also noticed a 4% battery drop in 30 minutes from unplugging in the morning to me getting to my train station, and not using the phone at all. And a normal 15% drop while on train (SiriusXM playback, not stream and a little browsing the web) is now a whopping 40%! :confused:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You know what's funny about this? Just drove for 6 hours using Bluetooth to stream an audiobook. Guess what my Bluetooth percentage was? 5%

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000