Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  • 1 Post By lizardking13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Default Gapps after KitKat install

Anyone else getting the "com.google.process.gapps" has stopped?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gapps after KitKat install

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_J View Post
    Anyone else getting the "com.google.process.gapps" has stopped?

I'm getting it also, after every reboot. In searching around, what I have discovered is that it is a very common problem, with all carriers, not just Sprint. Just click on ok, it goes away and does no apparent harm. I think I have seen that it is a known bug in 4.4.2, and that shortly 4.4.3 will come out fixing it and some other small problems that have been found. Most people that have the problem also have Swiftkey installed, as do I. Some think it is a compatibility problem between kitkat and Swiftkey. I guess whoever publishes a fix first will make it go away. Maybe as simple as the next Swiftkey update? In the mean time, all it really requires is one little extra touch on boot up, and doesn't really hurt anything.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Yeah, it's happening after every reboot but I don't have Swiftkey installed.

There's been talk of the Google keyboard causing the problem. Uninstalling that keyboard should fix it.

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

i got kitkat a few days ago and started getting this message a couple hrs ago, after i reboot
    i thought it was one of the widgets i installed.. but those are gone.
    now i know its not just me.. :l
    lame now i have to setup my home screen again..

i spent an hour perfecting it hahah
    Thanked by:

Thanks. I just uninstalled Swiftkey, and voila, the error message was gone after re-boot! I guess I'll wait until Swiftkey fixes the issue before using the app again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valagas View Post
    Thanks. I just uninstalled Swiftkey, and voila, the error message was gone after re-boot! I guess I'll wait until Swiftkey fixes the issue before using the app again.
    Really? All because of a message you only see after rebooting your phone? Click OK and gapps restarts just fine with no issues. To each their own but seems like an awfully steep price to pay for a message you would very rarely see.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    soulgrnd likes this.

Am I the only person that doesn't get this error message? I have rebooted my phone a few times, only use Switfkey, but have never seen this message come up. From day one after the update, no issue. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I have not done an FDR either.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    Am I the only person that doesn't get this error message? I have rebooted my phone a few times, only use Switfkey, but have never seen this message come up. From day one after the update, no issue. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I have not done an FDR either.
    This issue is not necessarily tied to Swiftkey. There are people like yourself who have Swiftkey and don't see the message as well as those that see the message that don't have Swiftkey. That being said, most people who see it do have Swiftkey.

Some seem to think it is an LG G2 kitkat issue. Like I said above no one has shown or experienced anything wrong other than this message. It seems harmless.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm having the same problem here for about 3 days now.

SOOOOO while I was troubleshooting another issue with the G2 (knock off wont work but knock on does)

I realized that when I disabled my knock feature and rebooted my phone I stopped getting this gapps error msg.

so I don't know maybe their both related?

I don't care about the msg so much that I care that the #1 best feature about the phone is no longer working

I am also getting that same message I thought it was once I installed peeble

Sent from the sexy LG G2

ROM
    CM9

Yes, every time I reboot I get the same error.

I get it every reboot too. If it's not a big deal, then I don't care. I'm just curious if something is going on behind the scenes that could potentially cause a problem.
    Thanked by:
    Delirious D likes this.