Can't enter parties extension.

Eric Riley1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to enter my parties extension when making phone call it doesn't work. The keypad works and makes noise but it doesn't go anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying you're dialing into a switchboard, then when it asks for you to enter an extension is doesn't work?

I know this won't cover every case but try this: create a contact with the number being the switchboard number, then a "wait", then your parties extension. Just wondering if even that will work.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to enter conference calls everyday for work and it works basically the same way, I call in and then enter my passcode for the call, works just fine for me.

Rockin my LG G2

Eric Riley1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I should have stuck with apple!!! I used an iPhone to make the call and what do you know it worked. POS android operating system!!!!!!!!!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I should have stuck with apple!!! I used an iPhone to make the call and what do you know it worked. POS android operating system!!!!!!!!!

Eric, would it be possible for you to send me a private message with the phone number and extension you are trying? Obviously I don't want to bother anyone but this just seems really strange.

Is it just this one number it isn't working with? I do this all the time, just curious if it would work for me.

What happens if you try calling this number 1-800-AIR-TRAN and then entering "1" for flight information. Does that work or does that not accept any numbers you dial after connected too?

Al Lutman

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue using an LG Optimus F7, and after having tried calling various phone numbers requiring extension input (that worked just yesterday), my Android seems dead to the world that way. Neither LG nor my phone service provider has a resolution, except to recommend a reset, followed by sending the phone in for unknown repairs, as no one seems to understand the root cause. This started this morning without any warning.

Lina B

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't enter parties extensions

I have the same exact problem. Using Samsung Victory (Virgin Mobile service.) I am using international phone cards to call my friends in London, where you call an access number first and then have to enter your PIN. Everything worked just fine yesterday and today it just stopped working...I have also tried calling my work conference bridge and same problem. Have this phone for over a year, never had a problem with it. Searching internet with hope to find anything but so far have been unsuccessful...:(

Al Lutman

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

My daughter just told me that she started having the same problem today with her Samsung, using the same network. They might try to convince you that it's a phone hardware or firmware issue, but it's obviously NOT! It seems to be a network problem. If you call them (good luck doing that) and they advise you to do a reset or call the manufacturer, don't bother. I will be calling them shortly and will post should there be any progress.

Al Lutman

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Just spoke with the folks at Sprint, and they finally concluded (or admitted) that it is a network issue affecting Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Boost. They're supposedly working on it and hope to have the problem fixed within a few hours. I'm now officially holding my breath...

Eric Riley1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I called the number 1800 airtran and it worked fine. It also works when I call sprint. There are two numbers not working for me (714) 843-9977 and (562) 598-8604.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I called the number 1800 airtran and it worked fine. It also works when I call sprint. There are two numbers not working for me (714) 843-9977 and (562) 598-8604.

Well strange, I tried the 714 number above and it worked just fine for me but the 562 number didn't work.

Obviously the tones generated by your G2 are not being "heard" on the other end. The fact that it works for some and not other numbers is a mystery to me. I wonder if there is a setting they can change on their side to make it more receptive?

Lina B

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have called customer service and after MANY tries, I finally was informed that the difficulties I am experiencing are due to the update of the Sprint network to HD voice and should be resolved within next 48 hours.

FatihA

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Today I discovered that same issue still alive.

I am calling international number from outside the US to US with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

After welcome message starts I am trying to enter the extension with using keypad, entering/pressing but nothing happen. I listened 3 times the welcome message finally routed to the operator.

But when I try with old Nokia 2220 with same simcard and same steps working without any problem.

Is there any idea ???

Is this issue about the US network operator's problem.? My called number starts with +1 626 .....

81rox

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Open the Phone app, tap Menu/More>Settings>Call Settings, and look for a DTMF option. Make sure it's turned on, and set it to Long

Andrew Andrew2

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
WORK!

YES YES YES
Change DTMF=Long fixed my issue same what you all have.
THank you for the posting.
I was ready to order a new phone thinking it's hardware. :D:D:D