Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

Default WiFi Stuck State

I just noticed today after the Kit Kat upgrade that sometimes the WiFi gets in a state where it can't turn on. It drains the battery trying to turn on, but it can't. The toggle for WiFi is greyed out (so I can't turn it on or off) but in the toggles under the notifications drawer, the WiFi logo is animated as if it's trying to turn on but is darkened.

Anyone else experience this weird stuck state?

Thanks,

Elton

PS A reboot resolves the issue, but it recurs later on.

Default Re: WiFi Stuck State

This is kinda getting to be my stock answer for many different issues, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record I suggest booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition (NOT the same thing as a full factory reset). This will clear out a lot of unnecessary digital junk without messing with your apps and settings, and is something I do after most major updates. Sometimes there's enough crud in the works to screw up random processes, and this should clear things up.

If that doesn't do the trick a full FDR may be required.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

Default Re: WiFi Stuck State

Quote Originally Posted by jlbattagli View Post
    This is kinda getting to be my stock answer for many different issues, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record I suggest booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition (NOT the same thing as a full factory reset). This will clear out a lot of unnecessary digital junk without messing with your apps and settings, and is something I do after most major updates. Sometimes there's enough crud in the works to screw up random processes, and this should clear things up.

If that doesn't do the trick a full FDR may be required.
    Doesn't sound like a broken record to me - I didn't realize that could help fix the problem! I just didn't want to have to do a full FDR because it takes me forever to restore my phone back to the way it is before a reset. I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Elton