Loose headphone jack?

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone else have a problem with the plug not seating into the headphone jack with a solid click? the one on my phone is so lose that the plug comes out with no effort. Just barely moving the phone will cause the headphone to unseat. I don't like it when people sit in a restaurant, or somewhere else, and play their music for all to hear.. There have been a few times when this has happened accidently to me as the plug won't seat firmly. i will stop by the Sprint store and see what they say. Bet I have to give up the phone for awhile, huh?

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
anyone else have a problem with the plug not seating into the headphone jack with a solid click? the one on my phone is so lose that the plug comes out with no effort. Just barely moving the phone will cause the headphone to unseat. I don't like it when people sit in a restaurant, or somewhere else, and play their music for all to hear.. There have been a few times when this has happened accidently to me as the plug won't seat firmly. i will stop by the Sprint store and see what they say. Bet I have to give up the phone for awhile, huh?

Mine is pretty tight, guessing they'll have to take apart your phone to fix it. But I wanted to say, what is up with people playing their music put in the open as if they are the only ones who can hear it? This has happened to me 4 times in this last couple weeks where people are shopping at target and blaring their music for everyone to hear! I swear people live in their own universe without regard for anyone else lol

Rockin my LG G2

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is pretty tight, guessing they'll have to take apart your phone to fix it. But I wanted to say, what is up with people playing their music put in the open as if they are the only ones who can hear it? This has happened to me 4 times in this last couple weeks where people are shopping at target and blaring their music for everyone to hear! I swear people live in their own universe without regard for anyone else lol

Rockin my LG G2

I was jamming some killer brutal metal tunes at Best Buy and a guy came up to me and asked what awesome band was it. Only people who jam cool tunes like me can get away with it. But if you play stuff that is on the radio or is popular old crap, you are a loser.

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Getting back to OP's main point, I initially had this problem with my G2 as well. Turned out I just wasn't pushing the plug in hard enough - had to push significantly harder than on my old Evo, but it then sets with a positive "click" and all is well.

Also, if you are using a case, it's possible that there isn't enough clearance in the hole for the jack and the plastic portion of the plug is getting hung up. Try your jack without the case, or try a different headset to see if that fixes the problem. Shouldn't be too hard to expand the hole in the case if need be.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
No case. I go naked. I've had the phone since Nov and the pressure to insert jack is different now. I plug four different devices into G2; IEM, headphones, cable from car stereo, and FiiO Kunlun amp. I don't get a click and plugs are in all the way.

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
No case. I go naked. I've had the phone since Nov and the pressure to insert jack is different now. I plug four different devices into G2; IEM, headphones, cable from car stereo, and FiiO Kunlun amp. I don't get a click and plugs are in all the way.

Yep, sounds physically damaged, then. Hope you can get it fixed/replaced quickly. You may get lucky and the store can swap it out then and there.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got back. Company store said they can no longer order replacement phones. They sent me to a third party store. The third party store attempted to repair, but could not so they ordered another phone. Doesn't that seem strange? The store owned by Sprint can not order replacement phones? I was asked if I have insurance. I did. I wanted to ask, "Why, it's under warranty"? But I did not want to muddy the water.

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got back. Company store said they can no longer order replacement phones. They sent me to a third party store. The third party store attempted to repair, but could not so they ordered another phone. Doesn't that seem strange? The store owned by Sprint can not order replacement phones? I was asked if I have insurance. I did. I wanted to ask, "Why, it's under warranty"? But I did not want to muddy the water.

That does seem strange. When I cracked the screen on my Evo back in January or February, I get a new (refurb) phone with no problem at all (under insurance). And that phone had been out for almost two years by then. The G2 has only been out about six months or so.

lisaFiji

May 30, 2014
Visit site

I have like the same problem...I Thot I was the only unlucky one...let's c way they tell me.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Push the male piece into the phone MUCH HARDER THAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO. Should fix your problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Jao36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine. I stuck a tooth pick in the jack and pulled a bunch of lint out now it works fine.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
that is a different problem. My plug would go in all the way. You could not push it in any further. there was no "brass" visible. It was in all the way. It would just slide out. By gravity, for example. Loose.

Paul Yoder

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a samsung Gs5 that has the same problem. Apparently there are many reports of this issue. I'm seeing that either people get it repaired (looks complicated to DYI) or get a replacement.

Susan Caswell

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much!!! I was looking all over for a fix to this and if it wasn't for your post, I would have went out and bought a new Audio Jack for no reason!!! :)

Kecia Mack

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased mine last week and I'm now experiencing the same problem. It worked fine when I initially used it, however now it will not stay in place

Posted via Android Central App

brick749

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This definitely didn't happen. The people in that Best Buy probably thought you were a jerk. I seriously hope this is a joke reply.

bigzdog

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine. I stuck a tooth pick in the jack and pulled a bunch of lint out now it works fine.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mine wouldn't even detect the headphones were plugged in.

I thought you were crazy when I read it, but after trying I pulled out a good bit of lint and now jack sits tight! Thanks!

Charles Oosterhouse

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine wouldn't even detect the headphones were plugged in.

I thought you were crazy when I read it, but after trying I pulled out a good bit of lint and now jack sits tight! Thanks!

Also thought this idea was crazy, as I've never had an issue like this with any headphone jack in my life. After carefully digging for a few minutes, i loosened some lint and dirt up and pulled tons out. Jack is perfectly tight now. Lol so weird.