Touch Test 1.0 by Dev villiott@gmail.com - Where did this come from?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My apps started updating and this showed up. I have no idea what it is or where it is from. There's almost nothing on the net about. Seems to be new. The website of the dev listed on Play Store is bunk and the email address only brings up a blank Git. Does anyone else have this showing up on there phone? You can't uninstall it and I can't find it listed in the app list. All it is a black screen...look it up on Google Play.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My apps started updating and this showed up. I have no idea what it is or where it is from. There's almost nothing on the net about. Seems to be new. The website of the dev listed on Play Store is bunk and the email address only brings up a blank Git. Does anyone else have this showing up on there phone? You can't uninstall it and I can't find it listed in the app list. All it is a black screen...look it up on Google Play.

It's listed under all apps under touch, not sure what it is and it allows you to disable it but I wasn't sure if I should since I don't know what it is. The version mine shows currently is 0.9 and this apparently wants us to update to 1.0. It's pretty fishy that the website is bunk and I don't know why they don't list a description, otherwise we all assume it's spyware or something. Another strange thing is that it's Sprint related because a friend on Verizon has a g2 and she didn't have an app of 'touch' listed in her all apps.

Rockin my LG G2

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
No clue on what this is. Some people are saying it's Sprint's Digital Wallet on Google Play. It's also on the One and GS5.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
There's another thread were someone with a note 3 has it as well. He is also on Sprint.

I have a Note 3 on Verizon but have not been able to locate this, so it could very well be just sprint phones.

Sent from my Death Note

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, no one has yet to break the apk apart and I haven't seen anything definitive yet...the permissions are pretty intrusive, and the dev email address is a gmail. The website listed on the Play Store is dead. I'm going to hard reset my phone here in about 10 minutes after it is finished backing up and let you all know if it is still there. I don't like the looks of this... I could be totally wrong though - this just seems really Black Hat.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I've reached out to Sprint on Twitter and the Sprint Community. But I'm not holding out hope I'll get a straight answer.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's listed under all apps under touch, not sure what it is and it allows you to disable it but I wasn't sure if I should since I don't know what it is. The version mine shows currently is 0.9 and this apparently wants us to update to 1.0. It's pretty fishy that the website is bunk and I don't know why they don't list a description, otherwise we all assume it's spyware or something. Another strange thing is that it's Sprint related because a friend on Verizon has a g2 and she didn't have an app of 'touch' listed in her all apps.

Rockin my LG G2

Ok, so here's what I have. The "Touch" app under "All Apps" is there, still...but I don't think it has anything to do with this. It is probably some system file that needs be there. The "Touch Test 1.0" is no longer even listed in the Play Store for me. So the "Touch" app theory is incorrect. Also, this seems like hack stuff to me. Why would Sprint push an APK no one knows about to everyone that has limitless permissions, an empty git, a weird dude's face at that git, a website that is broken, and all based off a Gmail account? I'm going to reinstall my backup and see if it is there again. If it is...something found its way into our phones. My best guess.... Could be just affecting Sprint users? I have no idea.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so here's what I have. The "Touch" app under "All Apps" is there, still...but I don't think it has anything to do with this. It is probably some system file that needs be there. The "Touch Test 1.0" is no longer even listed in the Play Store for me. So the "Touch" app theory is incorrect. Also, this seems like hack stuff to me. Why would Sprint push an APK no one knows about to everyone that has limitless permissions, an empty git, a weird dude's face at that git, a website that is broken, and all based off a Gmail account? I'm going to reinstall my backup and see if it is there again. If it is...something found its way into our phones. My best guess.... Could be just affecting Sprint users? I have no idea.

Umm actually it's not incorrect because if you run the update the app called touch the version will change to 1.0 from 0.9. I don't think that's just a coincidence.

Rockin my LG G2

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
It for NFC payments!
It only on Sprint phones.
No other carrier officially supports GW.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36