Why Should I Trade My G2 for a G3?

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
The test at Anandtech indicates a processor which might produce, at most, a device 6% faster than G2.
QHD is pretty slick, but it might use significantly more battery life and right now there are not many files that would take advantage of 2K.
Things like heart-rate monitor really don't interest me.
Removable SD storage was something that, at one time, I thought I could not live without. I have learned to rotate the music files each month or so and now that isn't a big issue. But cloud storage and things like Google Listen are almost useless to me.
I live in a rural area that still does not have Sprint Suck (sorry, meant Spark) LTE. I subsist on 3G when not using WIfi. On a related note Sprint has announced it will start throttling the top 5% data users in congested areas. I use 10G per month if I don't make a point of downloading my podcasts over wifi. I guess I'll get throttled. I can't even stream Pandora.
If I get the G2 I will have to pay for it. My G2 is paid for and any sale value will be rather low when people start trading off for G3.
So G3 is not for me. I like my G2. Put this phone on a decent network and I'll bet you really got something.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
No one that has a g2 should get a g3 in my opinion. Just minor upgrades that really aren't much

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
2K Display, thinner bezels, improved camera w/ OIS+, dual LED flash & laser focus, louder speaker, redesigned flat UI, SD slot, removable battery, 3 GB RAM, smart clean, smart keyboard and less bloatware.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Because they took the awesome G2 and made it even better

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
People that want the g3 should get it if they want the new camera and the screen. Otherwise the g2 is amazing. I see upgrades as this, if you have the g2 stay with the even number releases such as the g4 and so on. That way itll be an awesome upgrade and not just an incremental one

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If that speaker on the back is as good as I think it's gonna be, that alone would make me want it. Only thing that bothers me about g2 is the speaker placement and volume level.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay