G2 Calendar, Need Scheduling Help Please ?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just looking for a Calendar function or App that I can use in my LG G2 that will give me "Outlook like" meeting scheduling abilities.

I simply need the ability to send and receive "meeting invites", and/or "appointment invites" from my G2, like I used to be able to do from within my old BlackBerry calendar before I switched to the G2, and as I can currently do in Outlook 2007/2010 on my desktop.

I don't use "ms exchange" so any info regarding that is not relevant.

I can't believe the G2 default calendar cannot perform the basic "meeting invite send & receive functions" like the calendar in a BlackBerry, or as in Outlook on a desktop.

Hope there is someway to do it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my default G2 calendar, or maybe there is a good APP that can handle this issue?

Thanks much for any help and relevant advice.

TahoeRunner
6/30/14
12:46pm pacific

Last edited:

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Google Calendar app appears to be able to do what you want (NOT the LG Calendar app). I don't use this feature myself, so I can't give you any detailed help. But if you click the "Help" option in the menu, it will take you to a page with a link to "Getting started with calendar", which then has a link to "Invite guests to your event".

HTH

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The Google Calendar app appears to be able to do what you want (NOT the LG Calendar app). I don't use this feature myself, so I can't give you any detailed help. But if you click the "Help" option in the menu, it will take you to a page with a link to "Getting started with calendar", which then has a link to "Invite guests to your event".

HTH

Hi jlbattagli,

Thanks for your information, and I'll look into the Google calendar invite system as you suggest.

I suspect the Google calendar may have some kind of "invite" system in place, however I am really not looking for a web based calendar system. The idea of having my business and personal agenda, schedules, my invites and acceptance to invites, etc, all at Google's fingertips, and not secure within my own network, that does not appeal to me.

I think that's why a setup like Outlook's calendar is so popular (and actually the standard among most business). Blackberry recognized that fact, the need to keep schedules, agendas, meetings, etc, secure and client based, and accordingly designed into all their device calendars a system that mimics the Outlook system of "invites" and "acceptances to invites".

Otherwise, what one is saying is: "I'll get each morning, and put my entire business and personal agenda out there on a web based calendar, and hope to heck nobody ever, ever, hacks into it"

It was just last month, that I received an alert from my gmail account, that Google was all concerned about the "heartbleed virus" potentially infesting gmail accounts and any SSL systems they operate? ? ? Then suggested to all google account holders to reset their usernames and passwords, "out of an abundance of caution" as they put it.

I think that is why the Outlook system of calendar scheduling "invites and responses" is the "Gold Standard in the business world", (and Blackberry recognized that to the extent they took the time to replicate it).

So, as I stated in my original post, looking for something similar to the Outlook system. Anything but a web based calendar.

However thank you for your suggestion of an alternate.

kind regards,

TahoeRunner
07/03/2014

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I'm picking up what you're laying down. I can't think of anything like what you're looking for that isn't cloud-based, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might consider posting your question in the Android Applications forum, rather than a device-specific forum like this one. Possibly even look on XDA, they have a lot of really smart people over there and someone may be working on the kind of app you need.

Best wishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22