Alarm "snoozes" itself without even going off

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I was late to work the other day...I woke up in a panic and looked at my phone, it looked like I had snoozed it at least four times. I've noticed now over the last few days that it is "snoozing" itself. It never even goes off. Just immediately to snooze. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For me this is bad...I rely heavily on the alarm feature for various things. I cleared the data for the app because it was restored from a previous LG backup. Not sure what else could be causing it other than a bad app....

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I was late to work the other day...I woke up in a panic and looked at my phone, it looked like I had snoozed it at least four times. I've noticed now over the last few days that it is "snoozing" itself. It never even goes off. Just immediately to snooze. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For me this is bad...I rely heavily on the alarm feature for various things. I cleared the data for the app because it was restored from a previous LG backup. Not sure what else could be causing it other than a bad app....

We have 3 LgG2 s in our house. 2 of the 3 are having the same problem. My g2 is the oldest and not having the issue. They also recently had time issues where the clock was off by just a few few minutes. Still looking for a solution

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 LgG2 s in our house. 2 of the 3 are having the same problem. My g2 is the oldest and not having the issue. They also recently had time issues where the clock was off by just a few few minutes. Still looking for a solution

Have you tried a factory reset? I'm asking because that is my last resort.

trickinit

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. It started about a week ago. I'm on T-Mobile and my G2 just received an update about a week ago as well. I've also tried clearing the app's data, but it didn't help. It's driving me crazy!

Edit: I just found a potential solution here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=43430#c163

I appears that the new "OK Google" hotword detection from any screen is causing the problem. Kind of a bummer, I've really been enjoying the feature. Hopefully Google fixes it.

Last edited:

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. It started about a week ago. I'm on T-Mobile and my G2 just received an update about a week ago as well. I've also tried clearing the app's data, but it didn't help. It's driving me crazy!

Edit: I just found a potential solution here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=43430#c163

I appears that the new "OK Google" hotword detection from any screen is causing the problem. Kind of a bummer, I've really been enjoying the feature. Hopefully Google fixes it.

Wow....thank you so much. I like the Google Now hotword detection, but I use and rely upon my alarm every day. And it sounds like it is affecting more than just G2 users. Hopefully Google will address it like they did with Google Music. But thank you. :)

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same problem and didn't know what was causing it. If I disable Google now, will that fix it?

ozz101

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the "OK GOOGLE NOW" from any screen setting. Had the same issue, and i turned it off. Now the alarm works fine.

gwsmallwood

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but it only seems to be a problem for me when my phone is on the charger. If my phone is unplugged, my alarms seem to come through just fine, whether or not "OK Google" Everywhere is enabled. A potential solution I want to investigate until Google fixes the bug is to come up with an IFTTT recipe to disable OK Google Everywhere while your phone is plugged in to a charger.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That was not the case for me. It behaved the same way plugged in or not. I will say that the behavior was inconsistent though. I set 10 alarms when I was troubleshooting and about half of them went off. So you may just be seeing that...who knows. Every phone is different. But the Google Now is definitely the culprit and the solution.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My G Flex was doing this, I fixed it by going it the app settings & going to alarm/clock then clearing the data. This has helped tremendously.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Ron McDonald Junior

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Same issue, LG G2, auto snoozing only when connected to chargers, disabling "Ok Google" search from any screen made the snooze problem go away and so did uninstalling the latest Google Search update on July 7th, 2014. Reinstalled the Google Search update and problem came back. Time to find another alarm because I want to use both features. Good Search was my alternative to Voice Mate from lock screen giving a network error and now wondering if its Google Search getting in the way of that too. Google Search has been flawless in voice recognition while wearing ear buds/mic. when Voice Mate was useless in detecting me clearly in mic. Hope Google reads these and will fix their program. Disabling snooze by volume button did nothing for me.

nydancer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
its not just 'ok google' from any screen. you have to unclick 'from google search app', then the alarm works just fine. at least thats what happened for me.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
this issue caused me to almost miss a flight this morning... I installed the google now launcher over the weekend, and ended up oversleeping due to the "auto-snooze" issue. Made it by the slimmest of margins.

So needless to say, i'm not happy with this. time to look into other apps (the google now hotword detection is pretty valuable)

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
this issue caused me to almost miss a flight this morning... I installed the google now launcher over the weekend, and ended up oversleeping due to the "auto-snooze" issue. Made it by the slimmest of margins.

So needless to say, i'm not happy with this. time to look into other apps (the google now hotword detection is pretty valuable)

Check out the Nova Launcher. It includes hotword detection for Google Now without ruining your alarm.

Sent from The LG-G2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca