Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ozz101
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Alarm "snoozes" itself without even going off

Hi. I was late to work the other day...I woke up in a panic and looked at my phone, it looked like I had snoozed it at least four times. I've noticed now over the last few days that it is "snoozing" itself. It never even goes off. Just immediately to snooze. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For me this is bad...I rely heavily on the alarm feature for various things. I cleared the data for the app because it was restored from a previous LG backup. Not sure what else could be causing it other than a bad app....

Default Re: Alarm "snoozes" itself without even going off

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    Hi. I was late to work the other day...I woke up in a panic and looked at my phone, it looked like I had snoozed it at least four times. I've noticed now over the last few days that it is "snoozing" itself. It never even goes off. Just immediately to snooze. Has anyone else encountered this problem? For me this is bad...I rely heavily on the alarm feature for various things. I cleared the data for the app because it was restored from a previous LG backup. Not sure what else could be causing it other than a bad app....
    We have 3 LgG2 s in our house. 2 of the 3 are having the same problem. My g2 is the oldest and not having the issue. They also recently had time issues where the clock was off by just a few few minutes. Still looking for a solution

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by disney4life2005 View Post
    We have 3 LgG2 s in our house. 2 of the 3 are having the same problem. My g2 is the oldest and not having the issue. They also recently had time issues where the clock was off by just a few few minutes. Still looking for a solution

Have you tried a factory reset? I'm asking because that is my last resort.

I've been having the same issue. It started about a week ago. I'm on T-Mobile and my G2 just received an update about a week ago as well. I've also tried clearing the app's data, but it didn't help. It's driving me crazy!

Edit: I just found a potential solution here: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...?id=43430#c163

I appears that the new "OK Google" hotword detection from any screen is causing the problem. Kind of a bummer, I've really been enjoying the feature. Hopefully Google fixes it.
    Last edited by trickinit; 07-09-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by trickinit View Post
    I've been having the same issue. It started about a week ago. I'm on T-Mobile and my G2 just received an update about a week ago as well. I've also tried clearing the app's data, but it didn't help. It's driving me crazy!

Edit: I just found a potential solution here: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...?id=43430#c163

I appears that the new "OK Google" hotword detection from any screen is causing the problem. Kind of a bummer, I've really been enjoying the feature. Hopefully Google fixes it.
    Wow....thank you so much. I like the Google Now hotword detection, but I use and rely upon my alarm every day. And it sounds like it is affecting more than just G2 users. Hopefully Google will address it like they did with Google Music. But thank you.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

I've been having the same problem and didn't know what was causing it. If I disable Google now, will that fix it?

It's the "OK GOOGLE NOW" from any screen setting. Had the same issue, and i turned it off. Now the alarm works fine.

Tritonemusic likes this.

Damn...I was enjoying that feature. Oh well, I've turned it off for now.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Fixed it for me! I got to work on time today...

I'm having the same issue, but it only seems to be a problem for me when my phone is on the charger. If my phone is unplugged, my alarms seem to come through just fine, whether or not "OK Google" Everywhere is enabled. A potential solution I want to investigate until Google fixes the bug is to come up with an IFTTT recipe to disable OK Google Everywhere while your phone is plugged in to a charger.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

That was not the case for me. It behaved the same way plugged in or not. I will say that the behavior was inconsistent though. I set 10 alarms when I was troubleshooting and about half of them went off. So you may just be seeing that...who knows. Every phone is different. But the Google Now is definitely the culprit and the solution.

I use Gentle Alarm ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.gentlealarm). Have not had any problems with it like the problems being described here.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by disney4life2005 View Post
    They also recently had time issues where the clock was off by just a few few minutes. Still looking for a solution
    I fixed a similar issue I was experiencing on my phone. Don't know if this will help, but give it a try. You'll see my post at the link below:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/776184#776184

I was having this same issue until I disabled the snooze option for the volume button.

My G Flex was doing this, I fixed it by going it the app settings & going to alarm/clock then clearing the data. This has helped tremendously.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Same issue, LG G2, auto snoozing only when connected to chargers, disabling "Ok Google" search from any screen made the snooze problem go away and so did uninstalling the latest Google Search update on July 7th, 2014. Reinstalled the Google Search update and problem came back. Time to find another alarm because I want to use both features. Good Search was my alternative to Voice Mate from lock screen giving a network error and now wondering if its Google Search getting in the way of that too. Google Search has been flawless in voice recognition while wearing ear buds/mic. when Voice Mate was useless in detecting me clearly in mic. Hope Google reads these and will fix their program. Disabling snooze by volume button did nothing for me.