Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By morhorsepwr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2, Just narrates any icon I touch, any button I push

Don't know if it matters but my provider is Sprint. As I said in the title it just narrates anything I do so lets say I turn the phone on and when it starts it tells me w/a lady's voice "phone on" or when I touch any icon like say the email icon it says "email" and then the email icon is highlighted and then if I want it to go to email I have to double tap it so now it is in my email and now it will not scroll and if I try to do so it just narrates which ever message my finger just so happens to touch first and when it does that all it does is say "email message".

I have not and would never try rooting my phone or what ever it is called as I know nothing about all of that stuff and would probably end up making my phone catch fire or some weird thing like that so what I am getting at is my phone is just as it was when I bought it and it was fine last night when I plugged it into the charger and went to bed but when I got up this morning the green message notification light was flashing and pushed the power button to open the screen I hear for the first time my phone saying "screen on".

Anyone ever have this problem before?

I can't even make a phone call as when I touch a contact it just says the name of the contact or when I try to dial a number it just verbally tells me which number I just hit.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: LG G2, Just narrates any icon I touch, any button I push

You must've move something on the settings, maybe by accident.
    My Samsung phone has a feature that does what you describe.

I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't tell you step by step what to do.
    Look for something like accessibility, or talkback, vision, text to speech options, maybe even on the TTY settings.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Here's an example of some of the stuff this phone can read aloud to you.
    LG G2, Just narrates any icon I touch, any button I push-1408451447391.jpg
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

In order to get to any of the options you stated I would have to go to that menu and scroll but that is one of the problems, it will not allow me to scroll, but thank you for the reply.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

STARGATE,
    I fixed it and you were right but I had to hook it up to my computer in order to get into it.

Some how the talk back got turned on.

Thank you so much again for your help STARGATE.
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by morhorsepwr View Post
    STARGATE,
    I fixed it and you were right but I had to hook it up to my computer in order to get into it.

Some how the talk back got turned on.

Thank you so much again for your help STARGATE.
    I'm glad I could help you, please, pass it on! 🙋
    If someone needs help and you can, go on.