Sprint LGG2 reboots randomly

ExNihilo01

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This has been happening for around a month now, and my phone is less than a year old. I'm also getting a lot more "unfortunately, ___ has stopped" than before. I just factory reset it yesterday, but it's already happened a couple times after the reset. I don't really know my next step, since the reset was a fail. Was there a recent play services update that isn't compatible with the G2? The last LG firmware update was a while ago, but Google play services updates automatically without any notices, IIRC. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be up with the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Access Safe Mode - LG G2

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem lately. Random reboots for a couple months - maybe two or three times a week. Lots of the "unfortunately x has stopped" too.

I don't really want to do a factory reset, guess I'm just hanging on hoping Lollipop eventually hits and fixes it (and doesn't introduce too many other bugs).

ExNihilo01

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks, AC app doesn't notify for replies so I'm late. I did boot into safe mode, and browsed chrome for a while with no problems. Maybe I'll figure out a way to last a whole day on safe mode and see what happens.

However, wouldn't the state the phone is in after a factory reset be the equivalent of safe mode? Or maybe some bloatware is disabled as well...? Cause it spontaneously rebooted quite soon after reset...

~ LGG2

ExNihilo01

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, factory reset didn't really help me, except since I backed everything up beforehand, now if the phone bricks itself I'll be ok! Maybe you could also try booting into safe mode, couldn't hurt.

~ LGG2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset doesn't necessarily behave the same way as Safe Mode, because depending on how your phone is set up, it might start automatically reinstalling apps immediately after the factory reset. So if one of those apps is the culprit, then the problem may persist.

Mateut Flaviu

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem but i have the international version of g2, the 802 one. it reboots random and very fast, a lot of hangouts stopped working, maps and so on, even UI stopped and restarts again. I saw that it also overheats on the upper back. I changed approximately 3-4 softwares, cyoamogenmod and stock lg. Now i'm running 5.0.2 but the problem seems to persit. If you solved please tell me the solution.I think that is a hardware problem :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781