Get your toothbrushes ready, the sugary sweet lollipop update for the LG G2 was released today

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My Bluetooth is still wonky. It doesn't always connect to media audio in my car, half the time it just connects to call audio. 😢

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I was driving to work and when I got to work all my screens were default again and all the factory icons changed. I have been on lollipop for over a week now and this just happened. Anyone else have this happen?

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I was driving to work and when I got to work all my screens were default again and all the factory icons changed. I have been on lollipop for over a week now and this just happened. Anyone else have this happen?

No. But I have been losing my quick settings...poof just gone...reboot fixed it. Hopefully that's all it is for you.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmm idk about that. I rebooted and its all the same. It seems to have fixed my WiFi issue I was having. So I'm not complaining about it lol I was just wondering if anyone else and seen it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LG Backup no longer shows up in app drawer. If you list apps through the settings it's in the list there (in fact I was just prompted to update it).

WTH?

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Mikey -

Gerryf19's next message mentioned he was pre-Lollipop. So, he was posting in response to another post saying what swipe-from-bottom features were removed in the update.

Cheers,
Jack

Yep, I was just trying to remind people what was there...still not a hint of lollipop for me. So much for 100 percent saturdation by Monday, 5-18.

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
LG Backup no longer shows up in app drawer. If you list apps through the settings it's in the list there (in fact I was just prompted to update it).

WTH?

Yikes. That is not good. How am I going to restore all my stuff if I do a pre-lollipop factory reset?

Thanks for heads up...better do a pre-update manual back up.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. That is not good. How am I going to restore all my stuff if I do a pre-lollipop factory reset?

Thanks for heads up...better do a pre-update manual back up.

I found it! It's not listed in the app drawer but if you go to the Settings - Backup and Restore you will find it there.

I sure wish we would get a complete changes document rather than having to figure all this out on our own.

Jenn Stafford

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had this update since yesterday morning and am definitely falling out of love with my G2 :( I loved this device from day one and didn't have any thoughts of getting a new one until recently. About a week or so ago, it started getting really slow and freezing randomly. I have no clue if that was getting ready for the update or what but since the update I have found several things I don't really like, most of which have been mentioned and are things I can learn to live with. One however, is making me absolutely crazy... is there a way to change the color of the messaging app?? This bird crap yellow is blah. And I am a chronic texter for not only personal but work related. I don't really want to download another app to my phone that will take up more space but that seems to be the only answer I can find. If that's the case, what 3rd party texting apps does anyone recommend?

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone is wondering, screenshots can be taken by pressing and holding the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons. I used to swipe up from the bottom of the screen and use QuickMemo, but that option is now gone. It took a little bit of digging to find the new/alternate method.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is wondering, screenshots can be taken by pressing and holding the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons. I used to swipe up from the bottom of the screen and use QuickMemo, but that option is now gone. It took a little bit of digging to find the new/alternate method.

Or you can swipe down the quick settings and access QuickMemo as usual. I never have been able to hit the volume/power rocker buttons simultaneously and it was only luck if I did.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Settings >> display >> home touch buttons. You can add quick memo

Posted via the Android Central App

Ben Ford

May 20, 2015
Visit site
This update causes my phone to take a while to power on and then longer to start up. It constantly freezes and the battery life is atrocious. I would prefer to go back to Pre-lollipop. How may I do that?