Get your toothbrushes ready, the sugary sweet lollipop update for the LG G2 was released today

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Good luck everyone.

You can do the manual update checkie thing and maybe get lucky but we all know how this works...some will get it today, some tomorrow, but others will be banging their heads on the wall screaming "Why not me? Why not me? How come everyone else is getting the lollipop love but me?!?!?"

escondido

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop ruined my verizon g2...just a fair warning. I wish I had waited and seen all the reports of poor performance and battery drain.

DimStyle

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have seen a lot of problems. This is an update to 5.0.2. Sprint already pulled the earlier version of lollipop because of issues before releasing OTA so I am hoping this one is more stable.

DimStyle

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
After having lollipop for a couple days, the battery drain issue was a problem but seems to have settled down. I did have to uninstall and then re-install Google play services and Chrome. Those are the only 2 programs that were having a problem.

Battery still seems to drain faster than before update but is not a big decrease. I never did go through the headache of factory reset. Just restarted the phone over the first two days every few hours to help "clear itself out".

yesterday and today the phone seems to run fine. No noticed lag or glitches. The battery issue seems to be getting better each day as the operating system settles in.

As of last night, I was 6 hours on battery and still 20 hours and 23 minutes left.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same..finally started after a couple hours

Posted via the Android Central App on Nexus 5+(Sprint LG G2 rocking GEL)

Dragowind

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I hate this update and everything about it! From the cartoonish looking icons and generic weather widget, to the fact that I can't link facebook images to my address book anymore, or one button talk to text. I just want to get the old one back! How can I do that?

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate this update and everything about it! From the cartoonish looking icons and generic weather widget, to the fact that I can't link facebook images to my address book anymore, or one button talk to text. I just want to get the old one back! How can I do that?

Can't without rooting and flashing a ROM.

You should be able to do swipe-to-text now where you couldn't before.... Sometimes the updates provide a new/better way of doing things that you will only discover as you familiarize yourself with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084