swype / textra issues?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I have my G2, currently using swype, and textra msg client.

Ive been noticing my keyboard freezing up and making my whole phone inoperable. I dont see the issue happening any where else. But then again I text more then anything else (I typed all of this on my phone and no issues). I contacted textra but they told me its a google issue.

This is what they said:
Sorry, it's not actually Textra, it's a Google bug! Google are working on it.*

Go to*General Settings > *App Manager, and look forAndroid System WebView, then click [UNINSTALL UPDATES]

But I dont have that option on my G2. Only happening with their app. Anyone else have similar problems?

Posting a screen shot of one of the time it freezes up. my phone is in portrait but froze in landscape only in the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-25-03-15-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-03-15-13.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

escondido

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried another texting app? I use 3rd party keyboards and texting apps as well and have never had this issue on my verizon g2. I think Textra is playing the blame game since it doesn't happen with other apps. I used to use Textra as my main texting app but I started running into issues as well. Now using evolve.

Also, when you go into application manager you will be looking only at downloaded apps. If you swipe over to "all" you will see Android System WebView if you want to try what they suggested.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried another texting app? I use 3rd party keyboards and texting apps as well and have never had this issue on my verizon g2. I think Textra is playing the blame game since it doesn't happen with other apps. I used to use Textra as my main texting app but I started running into issues as well. Now using evolve.

I agree I think they are too. I like because I can set ringers and led lights for individual contacts.. I will look into evolve.

granthughcircle

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I use the same configuration [Swype and Textra] on the LG G2 and was having similar issues with my phone. FYI, I experienced the problem with both the purchased Swype version and the version that comes pre-installed. I was able to resolve my phone/keyboard lock-up/keyboard not-firing update, by unchecking (turning off) Backup & Sync in the "My Words" section of the Swype configuration menu. I still use Swype, but that made the difference when I used either version of the keyboard.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the same configuration [Swype and Textra] on the LG G2 and was having similar issues with my phone. FYI, I experienced the problem with both the purchased Swype version and the version that comes pre-installed. I was able to resolve my phone/keyboard lock-up/keyboard not-firing update, by unchecking (turning off) Backup & Sync in the "My Words" section of the Swype configuration menu. I still use Swype, but that made the difference when I used either version of the keyboard.

Oh I will try that too... ty

Posted via the Android Central App