Can't boot into recovery on Lollipop

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I follow the steps to boot into recovery but the phone just turns off. I need help.

1. With phone off, hold power and volume down.
2. When LG logo appears, release both and then press again.
3. Phone should now boot into recovery (but it turns off).

Posted via the Android Central App

Agimax

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
* You can't have usb cable plugged in or it won't go to recovery.

1). Easier method is to turn off phone.
2.) Press the power button and immediately release and press both power and down button holding for under 10 seconds
3.) if it says entering recovery, let go of buttons or it will reboot.

Hope this helps, I could never get the timing right on the LG LOGO presss release press again.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's where I'm messing up. Do I let go and press immediately after the logo or how long do I wait before I press it again?

Agimax

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way for me is turn it off, then turn it on, but before anything is displayed press power & volume down at same time and hold it, then when LG logo appears a few seconds later it says entering recovery. Works everytime for me. If the logo is on the screen -its always too late to press for me.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way for me is turn it off, then turn it on, but before anything is displayed press power & volume down at same time and hold it, then when LG logo appears a few seconds later it says entering recovery. Works everytime for me. If the logo is on the screen -its always too late to press for me.

Thanks to your tip, I was able to do it! I turned the power off, then press the power button first just before pressing the volume down button and holding both down together. The LG logo will come on then it goes right to recovery mode.

ThaMan ThaLegend

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying both of these methods all day as my LG G4 has this exact issue right now. But when I see Recovery Mode Loading... thats as far as it gets. And when I try to boot the normal way by powering it on the phone is in a continuous boot loop or it just stays at the initial LG screen. Twice I've actually made it to my home screen and once I was actually able to send a text. Is this possibly a battery issue? I haven't attempted to root or do anything else "extra" to my phone this time around as thats usually one of the first things.