Marquee Availability

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
While trying to figure out why I haven't heard more about this phone being release this week, it turns out Sprint is currently having some availability problems.

I went to 4 Sprint stores in my area today (north of NYC) to find that every store does not yet have any in stock to look at. One store had a dummy unit, that was all. The corporate store in my area said they hope to get some in by next week, and according to some online pre-order shoppers, shipping has been delayed as well.

So it would appear that the reason we haven't heard much about this phone from users yet, is that precious few lucky folks are fortunate to have one in their hands yet.

Contrasting to the Optimus S, which had folks posting about root methods the day it was released, it seems the Marquee is off to a slow start. But here to hoping we see some of the awesome Optimus S community migrating over soon!

BTW- Mods, since this phone is a variation of the Optimus Black, shouldn't it be grouped with the other Optimus flavors?

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
They seem to be availble in the SW Chicago Suburbs.

Between the two Radio Shack stores I contacted two days ago, there were six available. I didn't pre-order or anything.. Just walked in and asked for one.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Man- there is nearly zero talk about this phone. I was in a few Sprint corporate stores in San Francisco and the surrounding area this week and none of them even have a display model, much less stock.

There definitely is something weird going on with supply for this phone.

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased mine last Friday (first one they sold) from BestBuy in Huntsville, AL. They had plenty. On Sunday, I was in another BB in Florence, AL and they also had plenty.
I was asking one of the associates in Florence if they had sold very many and she said she didn't think they had sold any. She said all Sprint customers were interested in was the iPhone 4S.
LEMMINGS!

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
While trying to figure out why I haven't heard more about this phone being release this week, it turns out Sprint is currently having some availability problems.

I went to 4 Sprint stores in my area today (north of NYC) to find that every store does not yet have any in stock to look at. One store had a dummy unit, that was all. The corporate store in my area said they hope to get some in by next week, and according to some online pre-order shoppers, shipping has been delayed as well.

So it would appear that the reason we haven't heard much about this phone from users yet, is that precious few lucky folks are fortunate to have one in their hands yet.

Contrasting to the Optimus S, which had folks posting about root methods the day it was released, it seems the Marquee is off to a slow start. But here to hoping we see some of the awesome Optimus S community migrating over soon!

BTW- Mods, since this phone is a variation of the Optimus Black, shouldn't it be grouped with the other Optimus flavors?

I think you are correct about the lack of information/developement work being done is due to very few phones being in use.

I think I was able to figure out how to root the phone pretty quick and was able to get CWM installed (although it is slightly disfunctional).

You are correct about the phone being a hardware copy of the Opti Black with the exception of the base radio and WiFi. I have been working with some Dev's at XDA to use the ROM data ripped from the Marquee to help get GB on their Blacks and they have not been able to get the radio and wifi working. They have promissed that once they get it running and some start cooking Black GB ROMS that they will help me reverse engineer themfor our Marquee.

Keep your fingers crossed.

nycderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine at best buy as well. None of the local sprint stores even have it and best buy don't have display models so no one even knows they have it available. Best buy online has "Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks."

Maybe sprint is trying to screw over LG so they can sell more iphones.

nosajsam

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am in South Florida & have been to 6 Sprint stores....none of them have this phone. In fact, one of them told me it doesn't come out til after the iPhone....lol.

Every Radio Shack & Best Buy in the area have them.

I ordered mine online from Sprint as I have Sero-P & received it on 10/13

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint corporate store near me (New England), as well as two other nearby corp. stores that I called, said that the Marquee is an online exclusive.

Gerbilkit

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I got mine online. It was pretty much the only good 3G only phone available to wireless advantage club (4G is extra $10 month in my plan). It was very hard to find many reviews or much information online about it. So far my biggest gripes have been what would have been issues with any phone I grabbed that wasn't Web OS with a slide out physical keyboard.

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Means one of two things.

1) Sales are below expectations and BB is trying to motivate them.

2) Sales are below expectations and Sprint/LG is closing them out.

nosajsam

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint corporate store near me (New England), as well as two other nearby corp. stores that I called, said that the Marquee is an online exclusive.

interesting & makes sense as to why it still isn't available in my local Sprint stores. Although, there have been a few people that claim to have seen &/or purchased this phone in a Sprint store, the Marquee seems to be exclusive to Radio Shack & Best Buy (with the exception like you said of being able to order it directly online thru Sprint)

Means one of two things.

1) Sales are below expectations and BB is trying to motivate them.

2) Sales are below expectations and Sprint/LG is closing them out.

I think #1 as the sales have most likely been hindered considering the iPhone release this month. I would hope the phone isn't being closed out this soon after release.

On a positive note, maybe those who purchased the Marquee within the last 30 days @ BestBuy can get refunded the price difference??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac