Sprint LG Marquee Root

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to do a manual update from market to come up to version 3.0.

Thank you so very much Hoovhartid.

Glad to help!

However, what exactly did you have to update to version 3.0? The android market? or the root program?

also, to parrot nosajsam...please report with any issues.

Does SU download and allow permissions titanium backup, etc.?

does the wifi tether work?

thanks in advance!
:D

Reactions: nosajsam

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad to help!

However, what exactly did you have to update to version 3.0? The android market? or the root program? Super user needs updating. The initial version is 2.5

also, to parrot nosajsam...please report with any issues.

Does SU download and allow permissions titanium backup, etc.? Yes, TI Backup works. So does Root Explore, Cache Cleaner, and Busy Box Installer

does the wifi tether work?Wireless Tethering does work using "Wireless Tether 2.0.7"

thanks in advance!
:D

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
just found this thread below....will it help??

CWM recovery on LG Marquee - Portable Devices

This is a straight rip of conversaions on this very forum. They appear to have been translated to a different language and then back to english. I suspect an Indian dialect being that this is from an Indian web site.
Read my posts on this forum and then compare to the ones you linked. They look a little too familiar.
Hey, why invent when you can just copy.

nosajsam

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
This is a straight rip of conversaions on this very forum. They appear to have been translated to a different language and then back to english. I suspect an Indian dialect being that this is from an Indian web site.
Read my posts on this forum and then compare to the ones you linked. They look a little too familiar.
Hey, why invent when you can just copy.

im sorry...i didnt realize that. i just did a google search for lg marquee & it came up.

nycderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think deleting Superuser, then performing a factory reset would put you back at square one.

So has anyone tested this to make sure it can be brought back to root?? I want root my marquee to recalibrate the battery and bring it back to stock in case they ever have updates in the future so I won't run into any troubles.So basically not trying to do anything crazy.

nosajsam

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
can anyone talk me through how to delete Superuser once installed?

I cant seem to remove it.

i figured it out. (I found this on androidforums.com)

Use root explorer and delete superuser.apk from the /system/app folder. Go to the Android market and download and install super user. Use root explorer again and delete su from /system/bin. Go to the market and uninstall super user.

did a factory reset & now I am back to square one.

dracodoc

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
When usb cable plugged, should I choose just charge or mass storage?
I tried both options, but the run.bat halt in this stage for long time

[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

I had the usb debug enabled, installed the LG driver and restarted the pc.

spidiracer

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thinking about trying to root the Marquee... So far this is a bit sketchy though. Half of the drivers for the LG phone do not even work... Still feeling this out...

Drivers not available:
CDC Serial
B - Project

I also do not have an 'internet connection mode' option.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital