Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 95 of 95
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    Wow, Plonko you posted this right?? How is someone NOT to assume that you did this yourself?? "It WILL allow you to restore root" does not sound like it MIGHT.



    I can 100% personally confirm that I followed all the steps & it didn't work.

    is a thread from others who have tried unsuccessfully.

    I'm sorry if this comes off wrong but you shouldn't have posted without knowing 100% as I went & shared your advice on other forums trying to help others thinking it would work. Anyways, thanks for clearing up & updating your initial post. I guess your intentions were good...
    From the description of Rootkeeper "...OTA RootKeeper will make root survive OTAs and... pretty much well anything ..."

    If I made a mistake by reposting the instructions without first personally verifying, then you are guilty of the very same mistake by reposting my post without verifying it yourself. So we're even steven.

    I now understand why developers put so much BS boilerplate in their postings. If I get grief for reposting instructions found online, I can't imagine the grief a developer gets when a handset gets bricked. Frankly, I think this is the very reason we do not see more development in this forum. As long as nobody is maliciously trying to get someone to ruin their phone, then the assumption should simply be that everyone here is a hobbyist working in good faith with no warranty whatsoever implied. Since there is now feedback it didn't work as anticipated, I'm happy to strike out my post.

    I have nothing else to contribute to the conversation so I shall take my leave. If people mistook my post for a personal endorsement of the protocol, I apologize for any confusion. It was posted out of an attempt to help those who were choosing to update their devices and were losing root in the process.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    to start,
    which software version is on your phone??
    Well, just started it up for the first time tonight (used phone, so it had a previous owner):

    Baseband version LS855ZV9-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T
    SW Version LS855ZV9

    If I need to install an App from the market, I assume I can do so without service, over Wireless?

    Edit: Zerg Rush kekekekeke. Rooted, CWM Backup made. This is so much easier than working with my old WM6 phone.
    Last edited by Guppeh; 04-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    that's the older version of the software but it appears that forum member Asadullah has posted a update that applies the newest update, keeps Root & CWM. Can be found :

    Guppeh,
    Yes, you can install & download apps over wi-fi without Sprint service.
    Last edited by nosajsam; 04-05-2012 at 10:57 PM.
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    that's the older version of the software but it appears that forum member Asadullah has posted a update that applies the newest update, keeps Root & CWM. Can be found .
    Just tried it. I downloaded the file, clicked on it, went to ROM Manager. Told it to wipe Dalvik cache and Data. Phone went through update, rebooted.

    After reboot, it went to the LG startup screen with flashing icons, never progresses past this point. Did I just brick my phone?

    Edit: Restored and completed update process to Asadullah's ROM, thanks to some excellent advice from the Android Forums folks. Everything appears to be functioning normally with the new update.
    Last edited by Guppeh; 04-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    This gave my computer a virus. there is no way i am putting it on my phone.
  6. #81  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    mine didnt work.... it just stayed the same...
    plz plz plz help me!!!! i downloaded the stuff in the link but it is still the same
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by brittanymarieeee View Post
    This gave my computer a virus. there is no way i am putting it on my phone.
    no it didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by MGtheBAdAZz View Post
    mine didnt work.... it just stayed the same...
    plz plz plz help me!!!! i downloaded the stuff in the link but it is still the same
    you need to elaborate a bit more. let's start w/ the basics...is your phone rooted??
  8. #83  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    okay I'm very new to all of this, like "I just signed up this form and this is the first time I've ever even looked up the term rooting" new. I tried the method that is under this link: Sprint LG Marquee Root but it didnt work for me. However, from what I gather, this is no longer working for anyone due to the recent update to 2.3.4.. So I believe the only way that seems to be working is to flash back my phone back to the state it was in before it was recently updated by Android. Is this basically what is going on with rooting the LG Marquee in a nutshell??? What do I need to do to get my LG Marquee rooted?? I am a little nervous about trying to flash my phone back to the state it was in before the recent update. Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by KirbFx View Post
    okay I'm very new to all of this, like "I just signed up this form and this is the first time I've ever even looked up the term rooting" new. I tried the method that is under this link: Sprint LG Marquee Root but it didnt work for me. However, from what I gather, this is no longer working for anyone due to the recent update to 2.3.4.. So I believe the only way that seems to be working is to flash back my phone back to the state it was in before it was recently updated by Android. Is this basically what is going on with rooting the LG Marquee in a nutshell??? What do I need to do to get my LG Marquee rooted?? I am a little nervous about trying to flash my phone back to the state it was in before the recent update. Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You!!
    are you using the Sprint or Boost version of this phone??
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    i am in same boat i am using boost can u help me????
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    nosajsam: Im using the Sprint version
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    ive been reading this thread and many others to no avail. i have a sprint lg marquee and had root untill the update was pushed through. root worked fine untill the update then everything went downhill. i used root checker to conform root and it said no root yet google movies says im rooted. su cannot be deleted and the su file and all other files in the root/system/bin folder are gone. root/system/app has superuser.apk and root/system/xbin has su. im looking to return my phone back to stock.
    MN: lg-ls855
    android ver.: 2.3.4
    sw ver.: ls855zvc
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by KirbFx View Post
    nosajsam: Im using the Sprint version
    Quote Originally Posted by joony556er View Post
    ive been reading this thread and many others to no avail. i have a sprint lg marquee and had root untill the update was pushed through. root worked fine untill the update then everything went downhill. i used root checker to conform root and it said no root yet google movies says im rooted. su cannot be deleted and the su file and all other files in the root/system/bin folder are gone. root/system/app has superuser.apk and root/system/xbin has su. im looking to return my phone back to stock.
    MN: lg-ls855
    android ver.: 2.3.4
    sw ver.: ls855zvc
    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    that's the older version of the software but it appears that forum member Asadullah has posted a update that applies the newest update, keeps Root & CWM. Can be found :
    I am on Sprint, pretty sure the above method I posted does NOT work for the Boost version of the Marquee. Also, I had not installed the update prior to doing this. I updated from ZV9 by following the instructions exactly as detailed in the thread I linked above.

    I am pretty sure (not 100%) but I think if you already updated you have to reflash back to the stock LS855ZV9. Which can be found here (thx to lMonsterl for this info)

    I haven't tried this myself but according to member Guppeh he got everything restored, and then went through the process again for Asadullah's update (this time directly through CWM instead of ROM Manager). Version number now reports LS855ZVC.
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    i downloaded the .cab and the .kdz of that file and have tried that but i will try again.
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    i get an extracting error

    i have also tried gingerbreak, rom mannager and cwm
    its stuck in this like half root mode bc i can still use root explorer and such but not any other root apps. even superuser is denyed.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by joony556er View Post
    i get an extracting error

    i have also tried gingerbreak, rom mannager and cwm
    its stuck in this like half root mode bc i can still use root explorer and such but not any other root apps. even superuser is denyed.
    i just sent you a pm
    Tinker2Much likes this.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Just want to make sure I got this right, again I'm very new to all of this and obviously don't want to brick my phone, I need to first flash my phone back to stock since I have version 2.3.4 (through Sprint) by clicking on Stock Recovery and following those instructions, then go to Asadullah's post but I don't know exactly which post of his your referring to. There's one that links me to download a file in google docs called sprintupdate.zip. Is that the one your referring to?? Sorry but I'm just a little unclear about this part and don't mean to be a pain cause though I'm pretty computer savvy, I'm just now finally learning about rooting and all.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by KirbFx View Post
    Just want to make sure I got this right, again I'm very new to all of this and obviously don't want to brick my phone, I need to first flash my phone back to stock since I have version 2.3.4 (through Sprint) by clicking on Stock Recovery and following those instructions, then go to Asadullah's post but I don't know exactly which post of his your referring to. There's one that links me to download a file in google docs called sprintupdate.zip. Is that the one your referring to?? Sorry but I'm just a little unclear about this part and don't mean to be a pain cause though I'm pretty computer savvy, I'm just now finally learning about rooting and all.
    i THINK so...but I am not 100% sure because I didn't technically do it that way. I never updated & then flashed back.

    yes the sprintupdate.zip is the file you need.
    Thanked by:
    KirbFx 
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    KirbFx,

    Did re-flashing to stock and then using sprintupdate.zip work for you?

    Thanks,
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    hey guys,

    So i'm a newbie at this and my phone was handed down to me and it has the super user app i have tried to uninstall it by the play store and it just says open and i tried to un root it with superoneclick and z4root but no progress so i decided to just leave the app alone and wanted to see if the phone is rooted. So i tried downloading font installer from the play store and opened the app and it said that my phone didn't have root access so i opened su and tapped the su binary update and it denied the update which needs root access. The app is useless and is un removable some one please help. Thanks in advance.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

B