Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 95
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint LG Marquee Root

    has anyone out there attempted to root this phone yet?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Yep. Tried Gingerbreak 1.2.1, z4Root 1.3.0 and Super One Click. All of them fail.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Root has been gained for the LG Esteem, which is similar to the marquee internally.



    Maybe this will help?
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    YES... YES... YES... The ESTEEM root will work on the Marquee. You need to do a manual update from market to come up to version 3.0.

    Thank you so very much Hoovhartid.
    Thanked by 2:
    hoovhartid likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    were you able to tether now that its rooted?

    any other problems or issues that you notice?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudill01 View Post
    You need to do a manual update from market to come up to version 3.0.

    Thank you so very much Hoovhartid.
    Glad to help!

    However, what exactly did you have to update to version 3.0? The android market? or the root program?

    also, to parrot nosajsam...please report with any issues.

    Does SU download and allow permissions titanium backup, etc.?

    does the wifi tether work?

    thanks in advance!
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by hoovhartid View Post
    Glad to help!

    However, what exactly did you have to update to version 3.0? The android market? or the root program? Super user needs updating. The initial version is 2.5

    also, to parrot nosajsam...please report with any issues.

    Does SU download and allow permissions titanium backup, etc.? Yes, TI Backup works. So does Root Explore, Cache Cleaner, and Busy Box Installer

    does the wifi tether work?Wireless Tethering does work using "Wireless Tether 2.0.7"

    thanks in advance!
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudill01 View Post
    YES... YES... YES... The ESTEEM root will work on the Marquee. You need to do a manual update from market to come up to version 3.0.

    Thank you so very much Hoovhartid.
    is there an easy option to undo or unroot back to stock??
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    As of right now, there is no way back from rooting the phone.
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    I think deleting Superuser, then performing a factory reset would put you back at square one.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    hhavoc is correct.
    I was thinking about with CWM installed. Then things are more complicated.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    I did it. thanks.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudill01 View Post
    hhavoc is correct.
    I was thinking about with CWM installed. Then things are more complicated.
    just found this thread below....will it help??

  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    just found this thread below....will it help??

    This is a straight rip of conversaions on this very forum. They appear to have been translated to a different language and then back to english. I suspect an Indian dialect being that this is from an Indian web site.
    Read my posts on this forum and then compare to the ones you linked. They look a little too familiar.
    Hey, why invent when you can just copy.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudill01 View Post
    This is a straight rip of conversaions on this very forum. They appear to have been translated to a different language and then back to english. I suspect an Indian dialect being that this is from an Indian web site.
    Read my posts on this forum and then compare to the ones you linked. They look a little too familiar.
    Hey, why invent when you can just copy.
    im sorry...i didnt realize that. i just did a google search for lg marquee & it came up.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by hhavoc View Post
    I think deleting Superuser, then performing a factory reset would put you back at square one.
    So has anyone tested this to make sure it can be brought back to root?? I want root my marquee to recalibrate the battery and bring it back to stock in case they ever have updates in the future so I won't run into any troubles.So basically not trying to do anything crazy.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by hhavoc View Post
    I think deleting Superuser, then performing a factory reset would put you back at square one.
    can anyone talk me through how to delete Superuser once installed?

    I cant seem to remove it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    can anyone talk me through how to delete Superuser once installed?

    I cant seem to remove it.
    i figured it out. (I found this on androidforums.com)

    Use root explorer and delete superuser.apk from the /system/app folder. Go to the Android market and download and install super user. Use root explorer again and delete su from /system/bin. Go to the market and uninstall super user.

    did a factory reset & now I am back to square one.
  19. #19  
    dracodoc's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    When usb cable plugged, should I choose just charge or mass storage?
    I tried both options, but the run.bat halt in this stage for long time
    [*] Waiting for device...
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *

    I had the usb debug enabled, installed the LG driver and restarted the pc.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Hi guys,

    Thinking about trying to root the Marquee... So far this is a bit sketchy though. Half of the drivers for the LG phone do not even work... Still feeling this out...

    Drivers not available:
    CDC Serial
    B - Project

    I also do not have an 'internet connection mode' option.
    Last edited by spidiracer; 11-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Quote Originally Posted by spidiracer View Post
    Hi guys,

    Thinking about trying to root the Marquee... So far this is a bit sketchy though. Half of the drivers for the LG phone do not even work... Still feeling this out...

    Drivers not available:
    CDC Serial
    B - Project

    I also do not have an 'internet connection mode' option.
    Quote Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
    When usb cable plugged, should I choose just charge or mass storage?
    I tried both options, but the run.bat halt in this stage for long time
    [*] Waiting for device...
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *

    I had the usb debug enabled, installed the LG driver and restarted the pc.
    How to Root.
    Try these drivers here: (thx again to tcaudill01)

    LG USB drivers here:

    Your device must be in USB Debugging mode. To turn it on, go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box. Note that you can only select this while the phone is unplugged.

    After installing the USB drivers connect the phone to the PC.
    Pull down the notification bar at the top of the phones screen and click on USB Connected.
    Set the phone to Internet Connection mode (CHARGE ONLY not Mass Storage).

    Download

    Unpack and open run.bat

    How to Unroot
    Use root explorer and delete superuser.apk from the /system/app folder. Go to the Android market and download and install super user. Use root explorer again and delete su from /system/bin. Go to the market and uninstall super user.

    Do a factory reset & you will be back to square one.
  22. #22  
    dracodoc's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    I have same driver error with spidiracer, the new driver did the trick. Thank a lot!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Ahhhh fantastic! Worked like a charm! Thanks everyone!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Also thanks. Being new to Android with a more obscure phone I thought I might run into trouble rooting but following these instructions it was completely painless.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Sprint LG Marquee Root

    Very well written and great for everyone, especially the noobs.
    If we ever get far enough along to do a Marquee FAQ, we need to place your instructions at the front.
    Thanked by:
    nosajsam likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B