Android Newbie - First Time User

Gerbilkit

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered the LG marquee and it should be arriving next week. I also ordered Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Dark Wood Film Shield & Screen Protector for LG Marquee: Cell Phones & Accessories this screen protector and case for the phone and a car and AC charger + data cable. This will be my first android phone, and my second smart phone. One year ago I left the ranks of the dumb phone users after I ditched my cheap samsung flip phone for the Palm Pre.

I really enjoyed the pre. Of course I know much of the enjoyment was just from having a smartphone and a qwerty keyboard over T9. But I really like the elegance and simplicity of WebOS and the ease of rooting the pre. I'm not entirely sure what to expect when this phone arrives. Do people usually use the stock android applications for everything like email, documents, camera, etc? I do use my google account already for all my email, calendar, and contacts so I expect that to be well integrated. But with other features do people usually go out and grab other apps right away? I think the biggest knock against WebOS was always that it was too small to attract enough developers to get very many apps. Should I start downloading apps right away for power management, camera, etc. Or is this handled well straight out of the box? I know that each android phone is different as the manufacturer can put their own layer of functionality over the OS which is why I am asking here what people reccomend for this phone.