Managed to get into bootloader/fastboot mode I think.
02-26-2013 04:27 AM
- Monkeying around last night in Recovery Mode with the phone tethered to the PC. I wasn't paying close attention to the cord and the connector had started to come out of the phone plug and was slightly crooked. Suddenly the recovery menus stop working and up pops the white box with the yellow arrow coming out of it and the android in front of it. FASTBOOT MODE?????
This is when I noticed the cable position.
I opend a command prompt on my PC and was able to enter "fastboot devices" and recieved an ID string back.
Then foolishly I tried to see if I could reboot into fastboot. NO luck, it just rebooted the device.
I tried going backinto recovery and replicating the position of the connector but was not able to repeat my luck.
This makes me think that a USB Jig may be needed for our phones to enter that mode like some of the Galaxy phones.
Thoughts?10-31-2011 05:09 PMLike 2
- I've done some digging and it does look like there is a chance our Marquee will require a special device to get into fastboot mode.
This is based on the apparent requirements for the Opti Black to achieve the same result.
I have found three non-US companies selling such devices.
I have ordered one from a supplier in the UK.
Mobile Phone Unlocking + Flashing Equipment, Unlocking + Debranding Service, Unlock Codes, Cables, Tools, Accessories, Unlocking Service, Firmware Upgrade
When it arrives, I will test it and post my findings.11-01-2011 03:19 PMLike 3
- I FINALLY received my USB cable with the selectable resitance and I have GREAT news.
The cable works and does allow recovering a bricked device and allows editing in the service mode.
My tests were as follows;
Phone was connected in both on and off conditions and access was attempted with LG Mobile Support Tool (MST) and CDMA Workshop (CDMAW). MST was used to see if "Phone Recovery" could be initiated and CDMAW was used to see if the phone firmware can be read and modified. The PC was able to "see" the phone in all the test modes. Phone off tests were performed with the battery removed.
Setting 1. (56k) Phone on and connected to PC. MST accesses phone but does not allow recovery. CDMAW accesses some data but not all and is unable to write. This basically works like a standard USB does.
Setting 1. (56k) Phone off and connected to PC. PC sees phone but no access by.
Setting 2. (130k) Phone on and connected to PC. MST accesses phone but does not allow recovery. (BIG ONE) --- CDMAW accesses phone and allows reading and writing ALL data. You can change PRL, read NAM data, etc. This can allow you to drop you PRL back to 11114 or 11115 that supossedly allows 3g roaming on a Verizon tower.
Setting 2. (130k) Phone off and connected to PC. PC sees phone but no access.
Setting 3. (910k) Phone on and connected to PC. Same as "Setting 1" phone On.
Setting 3. (910k) Phone off and connected to PC. (BIG ONE#2)--- As soon as you plug in the phone, the screen turns on and displays "S/W Updating, DO NOT Disconnect". Open MST, go to "Recover Phone", type in you MEID, verify you phone type, verify you want to reinstall original OS and hang on. It downloads our V9 OS and installs it on the phone and the phone NEVER HAS TO BOOT UP!! What does this mean? RECOVERY for a BRICKED PHONE!!!! Does it work? You bet!
I actually reinstalled my hacked recovery that bricked my last Marquee and puposefully bricked my new phone. I hooked up the cable to the PC, pulled the battery, connected the phone, it opend in the S/W update screen, went into MST, initiated recovery, and about 15 minutes later I was back in business.
Now I can start back to working on the things I was stuck on before because I was affraid of bricking again. If you want to hack around on your phone without creating an expensive paper weight, BUY one of these cables.11-18-2011 11:04 AMLike 3
- the top three links did not work and the site you gave it was hard to find the right cable on, But I found it thanks. I have some how deleted my Project B, CDC, ECM drivers and have not been able to re install them do you have any idea how I can fix this thanks Vista laptop, so I can restore my phone11-19-2011 01:54 AM
- I got the cable and tried this but it is not updating like it did before. I wish that LG was capable of fast boot it would make life easier. I try to do recovery but have yet to have the phone do it with having a error in the software. I only have the lg drivers and Android adb and fast-boot on my computer and that is it. Any can help it would be great my last resort will be to send it to LG for repair. I rooted my phone then deleted the phone provider apk and rebooted it went it a foreclose loop so I did a factory reset and the phone still FC loops on activation screen, but I can not get to settings to allow debugging in order to ADB push the file to the system directory. I can get to Download mode and the stock recovery but can use the phone. ALso have cable to get into firmware mode just wondering what I am missing to do the full recovery lik the op stated......12-02-2011 04:37 PM
- From the other Optimus forums I have read, sometimes people have problems with Vista and Win 7 versions so they are recommending to use XP. I used Win7 Ultimate 64bit with LG tools ran as administrator and compatibility mode set to Win XP and it worked so I'm not sure. Then I followed the steps I listed earlier in the post and the base firmware installed.12-02-2011 05:42 PM
- Its the Rextor Optimus Cable by Smart for LG990
It also works for Marquee, and LG970(Black) as well as a few other newer LG Models.. Tried it on a bricked LG Optimus V with no effect though. Supposedly it will work for some samsung phones and HTC phones (Not SW Upgrade but for CDMAW)
I got mine at http://fonefunshop.com/
By the way - for those of you trying to use this to flash recovery for LG855 (vs LS855), it will most likely not work correctly. For some reason pre-paid providers do not supply the correct files to LG to allow the LG Utils to recover phones. I found this out trying to reflash my optimus V. I found the only solution I had was to flash a sprint image, and then once I could root and was able to boot into recovery I reflashed the correct VM670 image which is only available through virgin mobile in zip format.05-07-2012 09:39 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Sprint LG Marquee
Managed to get into bootloader/fastboot mode I think.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD