Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rom?

Was windering if there is any roms for.this or if it was posible to.use the optimus black roms since there prety much the same?

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default Re: Rom?

The simple answer: No and no.

The more elaborate answer: No, there are no roms yet because access to the bootloader hasn't been figured out yet. Even if it had, the Optimus Black roms would not work with it because the hardware differences, however slight, can be the difference between calling a correct memory address and turning your device into a paperweight.
    Having a rom made for your exact hardware is very important.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dishe View Post
    The simple answer: No and no.

The more elaborate answer: No, there are no roms yet because access to the bootloader hasn't been figured out yet. Even if it had, the Optimus Black roms would not work with it because the hardware differences, however slight, can be the difference between calling a correct memory address and turning your device into a paperweight.
    Having a rom made for your exact hardware is very important.
    Ok now for my next ? is there any devs working on the marquee?

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donbudafuko View Post
    Ok now for my next ? is there any devs working on the marquee?
    Refer to reason #1 for the lack of roms: no access to bootloader yet.

It could happen. There's at least one person working on it here at the moment.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is there anything i can do to help becus i judt cane from the optimus s forums an would to get this phone rolling with some good stuff.
    Last edited by donbudafuko; 11-28-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Thanked by: